Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Originally Posted by sifo View Post
as for those

i have them all from a long time ago till now and all good maybe because of playing with system files ?

./sifo
Could be.....

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

The Following User Says Thank You to ArchiMark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Updated my list in post #35 to include Swappolube....forgot about that one before...

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
Thanks for clarifying....

Thank you....

I had backupmenu on my N900 prior to this problem....I should have a backup file somewhere....probably a few weeks old....so, was planning on reinstalling backupmenu and trying to do a restore......
if you have any more recent osso-backup (thus a backup made with the build in backup apps from the N900) you can still restore only your data (comm_and_cal.zip and possible bookmarks.zip) from there

Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
AFAIK, I was using the stock kernel.....unless having installed CSSU Stable installs a modified kernel.....

One question I have is whether any or the combination of the following things I installed or used on my N900 contributed to the major OS crash:

1. CSSU Testing

2. Backupmenu

3. EasyDebian

4. Extras-Devel Repo

5. Swappolube

There may be other specific items, but these are the first ones that come to my mind......

Or could be that I just didn't have enough free rootfs space?

Had about 48MB as I recall before this crash....

Thanks.
except for debian i have had those apps running as well. not without problems but without crashing to a state where the N900 wouldn't boot anymore

other applications, respectively more likely combination thereof may indeed cause instability.
trial & error is probably your only safe bet

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ port harcourt
sorry to bring back an old thread everyone...I think I'm in the same mess..I've tried cold flashinfg,flashin emmc and rootfs,kernel only...but all has been unsuccessful....my device still gets stuck at the dots and powers off....new Ideas will be appreciated