Active Topics

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
I activated Prefixes for the Software Category
If you are no registered Developer on tmo yet you may join the Developer group in your settings.

Prefixes added:
  1. SFOS SailfishOS
  2. SFOS+M6 SailfishOS + Harmattan
  3. M6 Harmattan
  4. M5+6 Fremantle + Harmattan
  5. M5 Fremantle
  6. M4+5 Diablo + Fremantle
  7. M4 Diablo

If you need more tags, please contact me directly on IRC or by email or PM.

Last edited by chemist; 2014-06-14 at 11:39. Reason: added link to usergroups

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
How does it work? I went to change a thread I had created in the Games section, but the only prefix available in the list was [SFOS].

The Following User Says Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Oh, sry I messed up the permissions (wonder how as I just copied them from SFOS...) should be good to go now

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I do not get it either. What am I supposed to do? I tried editing the first post in my Character Map thread but I did not see any prefix option.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I do not get it either. What am I supposed to do? I tried editing the first post in my Character Map thread but I did not see any prefix option.
I added you by hand to the developer group

you can change this by going here http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editusergroups

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
I gotta admit, the error message you now get when creating a new thread is a little frustrating:

"You must select a thread prefix."

Of course, I went ahead and typed in a prefix ("[M5]"), but that apparently didn't count. I finally found this thread, and added myself to the Developers group.

I think a better error message would be,

"You must be in the Developers group to create a new thread."

That would get you a lot closer to figuring out why you can't post.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the note. I added it, maybe it is a better idea to turn the requirement off again, but otoh how do I get developers to join that group and actually assign prefixes in any other way than forcing them?

If you run in any other msg you think needs change just shoot a PM or ping me in IRC, please.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
@chemist
while we have prefixes for software categories, (and it sounds a really a nice way to organize things...)

Could we also ask to avoid meaningless thread's titles like:
"123 is here" ?
(example: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93313)

Any suggestions?

I added a software category notice for all non-developers explaining the need to be in devel group and linking to the profile page.

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
how do I get developers to join that group and actually assign prefixes in any other way than forcing them?
Well, my concern is more over "why do I have to be a developer before I can use a prefix"? I would think a visitor asking a question could just as easily categorize their question as a developer making an announcement.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
prefix software