Active Topics

My n9 house is busted leaving the power key nonfunctioning at all. This forced me to use my doughters Samsung Galaxy s2 until i get it fixed.

Things i dearly miss in android.

More swipe. Their swipe keyboard is utterly crap while n9's is pure perfection. Seems like the suggested words i get is taken randomly from a threeyear olds wordfeud list.
More swipe i miss is the simple elegant multitasking. If i click away an app on s2 and dont return to it within a few minutes it has to reload. Its not only annoying its ****ing annoying. To entirely close an app i have to hold homebutton a few seconds then change to running apps then close it. Stupid annoying (even tho i heard they close automaticly from some forums)
Next on the list of annoyances is the camera. It fail to focus alot, and the pictures are not that great and there is no editing abilities without cropping without installing additional apps. However sharing pictures on social medias are fairly simple.

The total lack of low power screen thingy n9's got is sad and i contantly have to wake up screen to see the time. Nokia been smart patented that becouse that in my opinion is a fantastic feature.

The main issue i have tho is that android have 2324 twitter apps, and the first 1000 i tried sucked hard. I used native and qneptunia in n9 and the lack of a decent twitter app have rendered in me practicly stopped using twitter.
The facebook app is just as buggy as the n9 so its a draw there i suppose.
However the feedscreen on n9 is extremly great to have and without hassle i had recent events on facebook twitter and such in a neat list one swipe away. Now i dont and i have to load everything seperatly and that is silly. Found an widget that supposedly did the trick, and it sure did except skipping post and keeping them in seperate tag windows.

Then there is the battery issue, i charge the battery every night, before ending work and most evenings alittle bit before bed. And that while using the phone less then i used the n9 witch almost everyday i only had to charge during nights. I cannot imagne what drains it, disabling 3g and wifi gets it to same lever approxmatly. (i tried all frikkin iphones and s3 aswell with same result)
Either i had a freakishly good battery on my n9 or every other 'smartphone' is extremly crappy in batterymanagment.

The only plus side i noticed is the wide range of apps. Not the numbers since most apps are crap. But they are covered in most fields and that is something that will help Jolla i think.

However im no android man, and i cant wait to get a new house (i tried by best getting nokia to sell me one, but i will have to get one from those chinasites since nokia cant sell them, and the workshops they recomended didnt know how to get them or at what price)
Nokia is getting worse everyday, thankfully they have gotten a supportnumber earing them 1.3£ every minute so all the lumia calls will keep them afloat for some time atlease.

The n9 is in my opinion stil the best phone i used until this day, its ****ing hard to break (i dont handle with care... at all) Its simple and you can do most things with it and the best ofcourse is that you dont have to recharge ten times every single day.

edit :
Google browser is pretty much the best thing android has got. Its swipe enabled

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by shma View Post
My n9 house is busted leaving the power key nonfunctioning at all.
The n9 is in my opinion stil the best phone i used until this day, its ****ing hard to break (i dont handle with care... at all)
...somewhat contradicting yourself?

Most of the other points are moot and depending also on what flavor of ROM you use (Samsung doesn't exactly shine here). But i give you on the power consumption, yes.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
"Then there is the battery issue"
not sure if the battery can be changed on the s2 but sounds like it needs it.

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
...somewhat contradicting yourself?

Most of the other points are moot and depending also on what flavor of ROM you use (Samsung doesn't exactly shine here). But i give you on the power consumption, yes.
As I said. I do not handle my phones with silc gloves at all. I drop it allot at work. And it's survived multiple drop s on concrete floors. Mind you I broke a 3310 at same work

The Following User Says Thank You to shma For This Useful Post:
I don't mean ten drops.. I mean like 50. However The number if concrete drops on asphalt on my wedding chipped the plastic on two corners leading to screen wanting to fall out of I bent it abit and causing power button failure

I've been watching the mobile space since 2004-2005... and after using the N9 for more than a year and a half, I honestly feel that there's no suitable replacement for me on the market today.
Glad to hear a (former) N9 owner commending it. It really is just that good. I just hope they keep manufacturing batteries for at least another couple of years, 'cause it'll take a hell of a phone to move me from it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to user/zero For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by user/zero View Post
I've been watching the mobile space since 2004-2005... and after using the N9 for more than a year and a half, I honestly feel that there's no suitable replacement for me on the market today.
Glad to hear a (former) N9 owner commending it. It really is just that good. I just hope they keep manufacturing batteries for at least another couple of years, 'cause it'll take a hell of a phone to move me from it.
Yeah, everything else feels like good effort but not enough.

i had a n900 and im looking into the n9 after a time with android.
its good to read this kind of comments and comparisons.

The Following User Says Thank You to vlitzer For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n9