Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Reading TMO through sms? What is that?
Maemish no, it was just a joke related to this thread about lost SMSs because of emojis.

edit: peterleinchen: HAM + FAP = FAM?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by ric9K View Post
edit: peterleinchen: HAM + FAP = FAM?
Oh yeah, thanks. I will not edit/correct mine!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Ok. There still stays this council of higher beings whom people occasionally refer to or make a pledge to them as for gods. But let that stay. I know one member here who has reached that level of being, but he has decided to stay as an avatar, helping mere mortals instead of submerging to the endless light. I wander here as inside a fantasy gameworld, confronting friends and monster, bumping in to items and magical devices I can pick and me use of, and occasionally getting to the next level. But as soon as I miss a day or two here I drop to the level one, loose all my magical skills and have to start to learn them again. The Magical World of Maemo= MWM as we players call it (if you had missed the meaning).

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I already posted it, but it is relevant here too so... I have been playing with chroot on the Pro¹ lately, extremely happy with it even though it is still rough around the edges. Even my N900 never felt so close to an actual pocketable computer. So here are some moar pics. I typed this post and uploaded images using the Pro¹.

cmus (not affected by SFOS volume, but it has its own volume settings anyway):

cmus and nnn file manager side by side, I really appreciate tiling since SFOS does not allow that:

And an additional tile for another tool:

Some random programs in different terminals in Tilix and the sidebar showing current sessions toggled on:

Neomutt:

Tilix can be run in its own window without xfce4 and other processes in the bacground, as shown here with two tiles with micro and some nice cli-tools (the 0x0 script works in SFOS shell too by the way):

Same, seen from the home screen:

xfce4 multitasking:

In the end I mostly use chroot with xfce4 because the multitasking between terminal and full fledged web browser is great, and Tilix can be toggled to full screen anyway, which looks even better than when run as a standalone SFOS window:

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-01-11 at 00:47.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
tmux not availaable for sfos? seems xfce/tilix chroot is overhead)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Tmux seems to be available but zypper complains about a missing dependency, but I'm using xfce fo other reasons too, otherwise Tilix can be run without it as I showed in one of the pictures.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-01-11 at 19:47.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
I recognise I am very tempted by the Pro1 though I would like to use N900 forever!
I would use it with SFOS.
But I don't know SFOS.
Is there a device I could find, used, to experiment the most approaching impression of how would SFOS feel on the Pro1 (hwkb excluded of course)? I mean, to discover SFOS, on what? very interrested by the deb chroot also.
Thanks

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by ric9K View Post
Is there a device I could find, used, to experiment the most approaching impression of how would SFOS feel on the Pro1 (hwkb excluded of course)?
Check out this list, https://together.jolla.com/question/...g-sailfish-os/

didn't check how updated it is though.

x

Last edited by xman; 2020-01-13 at 16:48.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
The community ports wiki it links to is quite inaccurate - it links to pages that no longer exist, shows things last updated in 2015 along with current ports, and in (at least) one case shows a device as nearly fully working which in fact the porter never even released the ROM for.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os