Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on

I ordered in the US on 11/15 and got it on 12/13. Battery loaded OK, and charged, but the memory card won't go into the slot. It gets half way in, you get the spring locking action and it won't go any further. It sits there half in and half out of the slot, Called Nokia but they had no help, so I am mailing it back for a credit and re-ordered.

I'm wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rcarberry

... but the memory card won't go into the slot. It gets half way in, you get the spring locking action and it won't go any further. It sits there half in and half out of the slot ...
Sure you know that the so called Reduced Size Multi Media Cards (RS-MMC) are allways delivered with an adapter to make them compatible with full sized MMCs? For the Nokia 770 you have to remove this adapter in order to get the reduced sized MMC. Insert the card with the contacts faced to the upper side of the device.

I had the same problem when I got mine - had a few tense moments, almost burst into tears at one point and started to frantically flick through the user manual. Anyway I then realised that you need to snap the thing in half - which I did once I had built up the courage. The card should have a hinge in the middle, and there should be an arrow pointing where you should make the break.

Don't send it back - everything should be ok!

Think Nokia should include some instructions...

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Hants, UK
Originally Posted by Rockford
I had the same problem when I got mine - had a few tense moments, almost burst into tears at one point and started to frantically flick through the user manual. Anyway I then realised that you need to snap the thing in half - which I did once I had built up the courage. The card should have a hinge in the middle, and there should be an arrow pointing where you should make the break.
Don't just snap it - there is a small clip in the middle you need to press and it comes apart without any force.

Gareth

Yeah, the RS-MMC card floored me for a while. There's a button on it saying "Press" (or somesuch word) - do that and pull both ends away at the same time.

Yes, it DOES feel like that scene in Indy Jones/Last Crusade where he steps over and into a wide chasm... don't worry, there's a ledge there to catch you. Really.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on

Nice to know the problem. It would have been even nicer if Nokia tech support had a clue about it.

Shipped it back this morning, and re-ordered, so someone will get a nice refurbished unit at a good price, I guess.