Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ St Petersburg, FL
Which might be better if not using for 10 or more hours:
Powering the 770 down or just leaving it on standby?

Thanks

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Finland
I usually just leave mine on standby, once I left it for over 24 hours and it hadn't even consumed much battery.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Germany
It depends on the number of bars of the battery indicator. I left mine in standby in the evening with 2 bars and next day the batteries have been discharged.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Hong Kong
I always leave the device on standby. I read somewhere else (I think the develeper mailing list, but not sure...) that some apps won't let the cpu go into standby even with the cover on. So, I guess it's best to close all the applications if you plan to let the device on standby.

With couple of days old battery it didnt even consume 1 bar when it was most of the day on standby. First bar was consumed after 2nd day (i had used the 770 for like 2-3 hours for offline-html-document reading + calender/to-do-list.)

For those who dont have the device yet, it has 3 bars of battery.

edit: it was offline in the night because i thought it would use the battery without any reason (shutting down takes few seconds and starting it in the morning maybe like 30-60 seconds).

Originally Posted by tonberry
I demand a recount! Mine has four bars.

I shut mine off if I know I won't be using it for a while. I also shut it off overnight.

[QUOTE=tonberry1
[/QUOTE]

I demand a recount! Mine has four bars.

I shut mine off if I know I won't be using it for a while. I also shut it off overnight.

Don't worry Mike. Mine has 4 bars too. And for what it's worth, I Heave my 770 on Stand By.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
(From the 770)

Four bars here as well. I use offline-mode standby. All day today and I still had a full four bars.

Originally Posted by Hedgecore
Four bars here as well.
Hehe, seems like I can count pretty well :P

Yea, it has really 4 bars.