How feasible would it be to create an application to set "tilt to scroll" and translate accelerometer data into scroll events? Sensitivity should ideally be configurable by a couple of parameters (threshold, and delay). Also, a curve mapping tilt degree and scroll speed might be handy, as well as a means to temporarilly stop the scroll.

This would allow to read ebooks or watch websites (no dirty ideas please ) with one hand (which if you only have one upper limb would be extremely "handy").

I fully expect Apple / Google to steal this awesome idea, so let me say this ahead of time: Screw you both.

The Following User Says Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
Maybe I missunderstood yesterday GS4 announcement, but I think this is one of their new features.

And about implementing it, a daemon reading the accelerometer data all the time and maybe sending xwindow messages? not sure how much it will affect the battery life though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to munozferna For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Implemented long ago by Nokemote(by samir) , kynetyc rock n scroll...created a stir

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by munozferna View Post
Maybe I missunderstood yesterday GS4 announcement, but I think this is one of their new features.

And about implementing it, a daemon reading the accelerometer data all the time and maybe sending xwindow messages? not sure how much it will affect the battery life though.
Yeah, I thought about this too a while back. The obvious solution is to have a button to start / stop the scrolling, which in effect would stop the daemon when scrolling is not necessary. Or not stop the daemon, but simply stop the polling of the accelerometer. I think this would render the battery problem a non issue. Plus, it is a desirable side effect that it does allow the user to avoid unwanted scrolling.

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Implemented long ago by Nokemote(by samir) , kynetyc rock n scroll...created a stir
But nothing for the N900, right?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by malfunctioning View Post
But nothing for the N900, right?
ya but quite a bit exist 4 n900 woud be handy to have apps like that in many usage senceiros.....nokemote n scroll r still my pooping companion

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post: