Notices

If someone from Finland needs a bl-5j, i can recommend this seller:

http://www.huuto.net/kohteet/--nokia...esta/418452117

Originally Posted by biketool View Post
I see Onite but that has pretty bad reviews from people who took the time to actually test them.
https://www.amazon.com/Onite-Replace...ews/B00KNJ0YGI
So far, I'm very pleased with the Onite battery I got. I've been calibrating it over the past few weeks and I'm consistently getting ~1570 mAh out of it. Two caveats, though:
1. I've only been using it for about two months, so who knows if it will last; but so far, so good...
2. There's the problem with battery eye that I'm asking about in the linked thread, but I suspect that doesn't have to do with the battery itself...

Posts: 995 | Thanked: 1,345 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by dovf View Post
1. I've only been using it for about two months, so who knows if it will last; but so far, so good...
I had similar experience with a doubled up Polarcell but within 6 months they were down to 500mAh each. I guess they started out good and went to crap. Truthfully if I could find a truly reliable 1200-1400mAh cell which would serve for two years with less than 10% loss in capacity, like the Scuds did, I would be happy.

I bought in Greece a 1450mAh Li-ion 3.7 V 5,37Wh for 15
with the name 'Reverse' (in greece the reseller names it NetOne)
made in PRC

I used the first time with the charge it had and when the indication
get red i charged from the usb cable for 10 hours.

But the first two times the duration is less than 24h in not frequent use (1-2 calls , 1 hours photo/video)

It says it need 3 recharge cycles to display max perfomance..
let see.. i 'm douptfull ..

In the past after the nokia BL-5J that came with my second-hand n900 which lasted less than day i bought from ebay a PolarCell Akku Li-Ion following forum advice that indeed proved very good and lasted 2 years!! (the top cap came off after many falls and maybe shortcircuited? i'm not sure but my multimeter show it's dead).

I bought also a 1 x PolarCell Akku Li-Ion from cellphone.de but that never came :-/ and they want me to sing taking full responsibility if their inquiry shows that the mail service sent the item. I kindy reclined and having lost 15 euros i took the local alternative cause having 2 months with no n900 was too long for me)

The Following User Says Thank You to aprekates For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
I brought my PolarCell nearly two years ago (October 2015), and it's only lost 6% of it's original charge! (1412 MAh according to bnf, when new it was around 1500 MAh)

As I said earlier, I would definitely recommend it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post: