Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by epage View Post
[*]Enter username/password and click OK[*]Make sure, through your "Screen Name" that the callback number is the one you want[*]In the phone, enter a number in the dialpad and select "Google Voice"[*]In Conversations, go to the App Menu and select "Send IM to", enter the number and select "Google Voice"[/LIST]
Hi,
Yes, N900, sorry! I am having trouble authenticating. I can authenyticate perfectly with Dial Central, but not with The ONE plugin.

The "Screen name" thing I am unclear about what you want there. Usually if screen name is different from username, it is just a nickname.

How do I troubleshoot the authentication problem?

Thanx for the tutorial by the way!

Les

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Hi,
Yes, N900, sorry! I am having trouble authenticating. I can authenyticate perfectly with Dial Central, but not with The ONE plugin.

The "Screen name" thing I am unclear about what you want there. Usually if screen name is different from username, it is just a nickname.

How do I troubleshoot the authentication problem?

Thanx for the tutorial by the way!

Les
"Screen Name" is usually meant for an Alias or nickanme that can be shared with your contacts. Neither of those have meaning here. Instead I made it a way to configure the callback number for when making calls.

The best way to work out the authentication issue is to send me the log file which you can find information on that in the first post.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
"Screen Name" is usually meant for an Alias or nickanme that can be shared with your contacts. Neither of those have meaning here. Instead I made it a way to configure the callback number for when making calls.

The best way to work out the authentication issue is to send me the log file which you can find information on that in the first post.
I deleted some files out of the cache and the log file rebooted and it connected! But I am not sure how to setup the forward and callback info. I am having calls fail.

12471567', 'outgoingNumber': '+15615551212'}
(13:29:05) DEBUG:gvoice.browser_emu:Performing download of https://www.google.com/voice/call/connect
(13:29:06) ERROR:channel.call:RequestStreams
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/theonering/gtk_toolbox.py", line 248, in wrapper
return func(*args, **kwds)
File "/usr/lib/theonering/channel/call.py", line 128, in RequestStreams
self._conn.session.backend.call(contactNumber)
File "/usr/lib/theonering/gvoice/backend.py", line 349, in call
self._parse_with_validation(page)
File "/usr/lib/theonering/gvoice/backend.py", line 721, in _parse_with_validation
validate_response(json)
File "/usr/lib/theonering/gvoice/backend.py", line 800, in validate_response
raise RuntimeError('There was a problem with GV: %s' % response)
RuntimeError: There was a problem with GV: {'data': {'code': 20}, 'ok': False}
(13:29:06) DEBUG:channel.call:Closing call

Thanx! Almost there!

A little anecdote. With PR1.1 on my n900 I am able to go over a day on a single charge. I'm not sure how much over since I end up charging anyways.

With The One Ring enabled and the 20s polling bug I got my battery down very low (not red yet) in about 5 hours.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
A little anecdote. With PR1.1 on my n900 I am able to go over a day on a single charge. I'm not sure how much over since I end up charging anyways.

With The One Ring enabled and the 20s polling bug I got my battery down very low (not red yet) in about 5 hours.
I noticed since installing it gets Hungry Fast!

Great app!

A little bit of a processor hog, though...

Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Great app!

A little bit of a processor hog, though...
As mentioned in other posts, there is a bug causing too frequent of updates that I can't get around to fixing till later. It can be a little slow due to network connection stuff. Other than that I have not actually run a CPU usage monitor to see how bad it does.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
I deleted some files out of the cache and the log file rebooted and it connected! But I am not sure how to setup the forward and callback info. I am having calls fail.

12471567', 'outgoingNumber': '+15615551212'}
(13:29:05) DEBUG:gvoice.browser_emu:Performing download of https://www.google.com/voice/call/connect
(13:29:06) ERROR:channel.call:RequestStreams
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/theonering/gtk_toolbox.py", line 248, in wrapper
return func(*args, **kwds)
File "/usr/lib/theonering/channel/call.py", line 128, in RequestStreams
self._conn.session.backend.call(contactNumber)
File "/usr/lib/theonering/gvoice/backend.py", line 349, in call
self._parse_with_validation(page)
File "/usr/lib/theonering/gvoice/backend.py", line 721, in _parse_with_validation
validate_response(json)
File "/usr/lib/theonering/gvoice/backend.py", line 800, in validate_response
raise RuntimeError('There was a problem with GV: %s' % response)
RuntimeError: There was a problem with GV: {'data': {'code': 20}, 'ok': False}
(13:29:06) DEBUG:channel.call:Closing call

Thanx! Almost there!
You had cut off some of the log. Would you be willing to send me a PM of the rest? With the One Ring, Your Callback or Forward number is your screen name. If you just leave it blank, you should see The One Ring choose a Screen Name / Callback Number for you.

You had cut off some of the log. Would you be willing to send me a PM of the rest? With the One Ring, Your Callback or Forward number is your screen name. If you just leave it blank, you should see The One Ring choose a Screen Name / Callback Number for you.
Sent in PM.

It's working! I was just not used to the difference between it and Dial Central. Thanx!

How can I disable it when not using it so that it won't chew ip the batt? Just go offline?

Tags
google voice, maemo 4, maemo 5