Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Kossuth View Post
This info from Estels guide.
Thanks. That's the procedure I follow since I used that thread from when that illustrious work was done. I wondered whether the requirement remained under the new bme; I think it will.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Perhaps it would be beneficial to make the first post a bit more verbose, as it's the intro to the software. More specifically, why would one want to install the BME replacement, other than to help test it? What's the value of it being open source to a non-power user? Is it possible to remove it and how? What about the wiki page? Thanks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Probably did something wrong, I installed the repo and did apt-get upgrade, now the power monitor applet shows starting APMD without changing.
(edit, dont have time now to play with this so ran a backup)

Last edited by biketool; 2014-07-03 at 20:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
After I moved to BMEreplacement, sometimes when I charge the battery full nowadays, the green "full" led light gets stuck somehow so that even after I remove the charger cord, if I set the screen off the green led returns. Is it something others experience and if so. is there a quick fix for this?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
I know about this bug and I did not fix it yet

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
To clarify just install the repos form first post and apt-get upgrade?
anything else?

@biketool: install and boot needed kernel, add repository and do apt-get update, upgrade...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
I have noticed that with latest version of battery applet from cssu-devel, the problem with gibberish being reported as battery's max capacity is gone *if* one perform full battery charge cycle *after* reinstalling all bme-replacement stuff. This si the case even *if* you had chip calibrated properly before and "need calibration" flag is *not* set.

I don't know why it's like that, but, anyway, it mean that there doesn't seem to be any reason to use old kerio-forked version anymore. Even the gconf setting for ignoring "design capacity" seems to work now.

/Estel

// Edit

I tried to comment about it in appropriate bug on bugs.maemo.org, but it seems to be falling apart just like rest of Maemo's infra (aka it's completely not working).
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Estel, I noticed this too!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
Well, it seems that I was too optimistic about announcing that latest battery applet works well, and can, finally, replace custom modified 1.03 version

While it indeed does report battery current and maximum capacity, it doesn't update battery level graphical indication in status area or status menu - at all. Everything presented via text (percentage, charge, time left) is OK, but battery icon is always full.

What's worse, there is NO indication of low batter either, which means that, upon reaching shutdown level, you have full battery icon in one second, and "charge your battery" notification on next one, followed by device shutting down, abruptly.

If it's of any importance, I'm using the ignore design capacity gconf setting. /Edit - tested with gconf value set to 1 (use design capacity when uncalibrated) and 2 (always use design), and it's the same.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2014-07-11 at 22:36.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
bme-replacement