Active Topics

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Gotham
Samsung has finally started rolling out the Tizen 2.4 update (Z130HDDU0CPB1) to its Z1 smartphone. The update weighs in at around 262MB (~17MB for Tizen 2.4 Beta users), and is currently only available to users in India.

Several new features are included in the update, such as WhatsApp Calling, Ultra Data Saving Mode, as well as the ability to create password-protected memos. In addition, many of the existing apps - including Camera, Message, Music Player, Smart Manager, Video Recorder, and Settings - have also received some changes.

The OTA update is currently rolling out, so it may take a while before it hits your device. However, if you're feeling impatient, you can head to your device's Settings and check for it manually. Other countries, including Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka are expected to get the update next week.

Source 1 2

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Foxkia For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Interesting. This OS is so quiet now although on the market and (should) have a larger userbase than Sailfish...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Interesting. This OS is so quiet now although on the market and (should) have a larger userbase than Sailfish...
I think Samsung limit the userbase with the HW at the moment. As soon as they want more users they just put in a galaxy.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
How do you pronounce Tizen anyway? In my mind, I have always pronounced the 'i' as in 'pin', not 'pine'. But that could be because I am a Bloody Foreigner™.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
How do you pronounce Tizen anyway? In my mind, I have always pronounced the 'i' as in 'pin', not 'pine'. But that could be because I am a Bloody Foreigner™.
I pronounce it As Mike Tizen If I'm using english but not if I talk other languages...than its more like T[pin]zen

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
The official pronunciation is T-eye-zen, but i did first think it was T-ee-zen.

But of course official or not you can bet people will say it either way in the wild

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Gotham

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxkia For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Currently around 1m Tizen smartphones are being sold per quarter so it's a much larger user base than Sailfish. I think so far Samsung has only released Tizen smartphones in India and Bangladesh, if they were to expand availability I don't think it would be very long before Tizen challenged Windows Phone for the #3 spot.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
I still wait to hear if Tizen have repented to OpenSource.
As cheap as it is I would be tempted to buy one just to try it out.
As it happens, my company has people going to India soon, so...

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
I always assumed it was Tizen like Tizer. And that it was developed by these guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFTtDUSMJ8o

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post: