Active Topics

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Yeah, I am getting the same feeling, even though an extensive diskcheck says its okay. I am going to reformat MyDocs and try again!

Edit: Yes, reformatting MyDocs solved the issue, now I can choose booting other kernels.

Thanks for putting me on the right track Pali!

Last edited by ade; 2012-06-08 at 22:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by ade View Post
As I said, I see the screen as in your first post of this thread. I can only succesfully start the "attached kernel" option. It brings me to the bootmenu, where I can choose maemo 5 nand, recovery console, backupmenu and power off.
I can report that I have the same error, but only when either usb cable or battery charger is connected (my battery charger is not original one, I must add). Then I cannot boot anyting but attached kernel, other options give me Maemo dots animation, then black screen, Nokia logo for a split second and phone goes off.

When no charger and no usb cable is attached, all options work (i tried omap1, kernel50 and booting nemo from microsd card, all worked well - but i cannot say whether nemo worked or not with charger plugged in, as I haven't tried that - but can try if anyone else is having this issue and you will need more info for debugging)

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
I have MyDocs on /dev/mmcblk0p2 and /home on /dev/mmcblk0p1. Is there anyway I can use uboot with the bootmenu? Cause it looks for it on mmc1:1 which is ext3.

@pcklee123:
U-Boot bootmenu is configured for *default* N900. Why did you changed order in MBR? Order of partitions in MBR do not have to be same as physical order. So switch order of that two partitions in MBR table *back* and u-boot bootmenu will be working.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Hungary
Hello, I expanded the partition(maemo system) to 9gb(with gparted), and shrinked the Mydocs. I've done this with backupmenu. After that, U-boot went to original state, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81613 as seen there on the screenshot. Now I can't do anything with it. I couldn't add the powerkernel entry, and now i uninstalled it, but it's still there. What can I do? http://www.mediafire.com/?5o1hkuuwhn8hh1c have I to flash this? or there is a chance to recover U-boot?

@quailstorm: You need to have first eMMC partition (defined in MBR table) formated to FAT32. Size of partition is irrelevant. After that just run script u-boot-update-bootmenu which generate menu entries.

Originally Posted by pali View Post
@quailstorm: You need to have first eMMC partition (defined in MBR table) formated to FAT32. Size of partition is irrelevant. After that just run script u-boot-update-bootmenu which generate menu entries.
OK I'm checking it. I was sure it's fat32.

I semi solved it with multiboot. Now I boot into multiboot from U-boot, and choose between kernels. I will continue investigating the issue with PanzerSajt. But he is sleeping now...

@quailstorm: See this thread. There were people which were also sure that their parititon was FAT32. But U-Boot did not read bootmenu file. Reason was maybe corrupted or bad format of FAT. Solution is to backup data, format partition (again) and copy data back. When formating use mkfs.vfat (this will create proper partition format).

Sorry if thuis has been asked before but I wasnīt able to find anything aboutī.
Installed u-boot as said in first post then selected kernel-power option in u-boot menu but doesnīt flash it, it shut down. Also change it to be the default option and didnīt work.
The nokia kernel work fine. Iīve tried allready to reinstall kernell power but then u-boot doesnīt load only power kernel and backup menu
Any help?thanks

Tags
bootmenu, u-boot