Active Topics

Hi all, I did a couple of mods to my N9 and I hope to share with all, for those who are willing to try. The ideas came across when searching for mods on the web, therefore they are not the 'original'

Prerequisite:

Filebox

Developer mode

Backup any files that is to be replaced as mentioned below

Not liable for any screwups

1) Remove operator startup splash video

My Singapore N9 Singtel operator version has this ultra low res startup video right after the Nokia video. Here is how to remove, or change it.

a. Search for your operator video using Filebox. Mine is located in /usr/share/mwelcome/media. Play the video and note the video name.

b. Find or create your own startup video. I created mine in 3DS Max. Name the new video as the same name as the original (so that the link file elsewhere can recognise). The video of mine is in .mp4 with mp4v codec. Important: Width 854px, Height 480px

c. Place the new video in your preferred mass storage folder. I just placed it in Downloads.

d. Run Terminal. Type devel-su <enter>, rootme <enter>

type cp /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/videoname.mp4 /usr/share/mwelcome/media

Reboot device

2. Application background wallpaper

While playing around, I happened to change the black background of Skype and Accounts application. The others in the folder does not seems change any others as yet.

The background of Skype and Accounts is located in

/usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/images/backgrounds/meegotouch-applicationpage-portrait-background-inverted.jpg

Find or create an image with Width 854px, Height 480px.

Use back the original name

Type cp /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/meegotouch-applicationpage-portrait-background-inverted.jpg /usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/images/backgrounds

Reboot device

------------------------------

If anyone has any updates of new application background location, do post it here.

Last edited by JJLoke; 2011-12-04 at 19:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to JJLoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Chennai-INDIA
Hi, i would like to remove the branding video itself -how to go ..pls help .

Hi , as per your instruction i found the branding video ..can directly delete the video -so that the branding video will not play during my device booting ..

Pls help .

it's possible remove boot video and during boot see code (aka linux slackware)???

?

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by JJLoke View Post
If anyone has any updates of new application background location, do post it here.
You can change app background (and more) for QNeptunea by creating a theme, see here.

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes