Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
user/lib/libstdc++.so.6 version 'CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3' Not found
Anyone know a fix? Saw some stuff in the preenv thread, but nothing I understood

Edit: Fixed. I'll probably get a reboot loop for this, but oh well....

Last edited by Blaizzen; 2011-11-08 at 05:54.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Blaizzen, i have that library on my pc. Do you still need it?

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Blaizzen, i have that library on my pc. Do you still need it?
Thanks, it should be fine now. I used the updated versions from the N9 and just changed the links, so now my N900 only uses the updated ones. Not sure if this is bad in the long run, but initial testing seems alright.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Blaizzen
Thanks, it should be fine now. I used the updated versions from the N9 and just changed the links, so now my N900 only uses the updated ones. Not sure if this is bad in the long run, but initial testing seems alright.
Congratulations man.After some time if everything is okay maybe we get few extras for n900

Hi everyone,

So we can finally use a enhanced version of Ovi Maps, great !

Otherwise, I tried to access at the "/usr/share/nokia-maps/html" folder by USB Storage Mode & PC Suite Mode but I couldn't find it.

omVoiceServer is already installed in my N900.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Ovi_Maps_Extra_Features

With which method can I access at this folder ? (If it's with X-Terminal, I really don't know how to use it perfectly...)

Thanks.

I suppose that FileBox would be the easiest way for you.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ New Zealand
Thanks for this amazing work Blaizen. I have just walked to work guided by the wonderful mechanical voice in my N900.
Took me a couple of goes to work out how so thought I would write my step-by-step.
- I couldn't get omVoiceServer using the Application Loader (even with extras-testing activated. So I downloaded the .deb and dpkged it.
- Followed the instructions to load the index.html etc
- Didn't twig for a while that omVoiceServer was in the apps area! Also I think you need to run it and leave it running while running Maps to get the voices - is that right?
- Couldn't get the change in directory to find the voice files to stick, so moved the files into the default directory searched by omVoiceServer.

From there everything worked!

Using the omVoiceServer method--

Seems to work okay, except that at some random point before my upcoming turn, it always says "fifty, a quarter mile". I assume that the app probably thinks it's about a 1/4 mile until the turn, but what's up with the "fifty"?

When I was testing, I didn't have espeak installed...perhaps related?

Also I saw on the wiki there is a way to lock North and prevent rotation but no instructions...anyone have any insight on this?

I think it has to do with setting all instances of calculation of this.targetRotateAngle to 0 but I haven't experimented with it yet.

Last edited by jw461; 2011-12-16 at 22:26.

I have installed as per the wiki, even managed to find voices, I have a route mapped but is there a way to get the route to be spoken without starting to travel? I.e. play through turns so I can hear spoken guidance prior to setting off?

Thanks

Last edited by oweng; 2011-12-18 at 18:49.

Originally Posted by oweng View Post
I have installed as per the wiki, even managed to find voices, I have a route mapped but is there a way to get the route to be spoken without starting to travel? I.e. play through turns so I can hear spoken guidance prior to setting off?

Thanks
Does anyone have a better solution? Sygic no longer list maemo...