Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Does Yappari actually get slower from the Log increasing in size? Yesterday my Yappari almost stopped responding alltogether. Deleted my log (wich was about 90 MB) and rebooted my phone. It's fine now.

Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Does Yappari actually get slower from the Log increasing in size? Yesterday my Yappari almost stopped responding alltogether. Deleted my log (wich was about 90 MB) and rebooted my phone. It's fine now.
I've a similar issue.
UI goes stuck when starting Yappari, 9 times on 10. I mean, i start Yappari, the main window appears, in less then a second it becomes unusable, totally unresponsive. Then a popup says that yappari stoppend working and I am forced to kill the application.

I tried to clear every single chat log, using the dedicated option in the menu, but it doesn't works: i choose to delete the log, the conversation disappear for a while, then it appears again as nothing happened.

So I tried to delete manually the yappari.log file form /user/.config/scorpius directory. I was expecting something bad, like a total failure, but it seems that nothing changed, the application runs like always. I have to restart it many times before it becomes usable with a functional UI. And, no, i have not anymore a yappari.log file in /user/.config/scorpius directory. It was aroung 60MB before deleting it. Obiously i kept a backup copy of that file.

d!

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Nigeria
Can't wait for v0.0.27 to come out. Hopefully it would allow for 6 digit verification...hopefully

i cant verify the whatsapp, it's always giving me error fail registration, than when i try call me its not working also, and there only 3digits instead of 6

please help me fixing it

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Nigeria
Originally Posted by ayoub555 View Post
i cant verify the whatsapp, it's always giving me error fail registration, than when i try call me its not working also, and there only 3digits instead of 6

please help me fixing it
we all are bro...we are waiting...

Originally Posted by thedarkus View Post
I've a similar issue.
UI goes stuck when starting Yappari, 9 times on 10. I mean, i start Yappari, the main window appears, in less then a second it becomes unusable, totally unresponsive. Then a popup says that yappari stoppend working and I am forced to kill the application.

I tried to clear every single chat log, using the dedicated option in the menu, but it doesn't works: i choose to delete the log, the conversation disappear for a while, then it appears again as nothing happened.

So I tried to delete manually the yappari.log file form /user/.config/scorpius directory. I was expecting something bad, like a total failure, but it seems that nothing changed, the application runs like always. I have to restart it many times before it becomes usable with a functional UI. And, no, i have not anymore a yappari.log file in /user/.config/scorpius directory. It was aroung 60MB before deleting it. Obiously i kept a backup copy of that file.

d!
That's normal. Everytime Yappari connects, i.e. also when you start it, it syncs your contacts which makes Yappari seem to hang. For me I am having around 400 contacts with 1-3 phone numbers each and it takes 1 to 2 minutes to become responsive after starting it. Just be patient and wait at least 5 minutes, DO NOT KILL IT! Depending of the number of contacts you are having, this might take a lot longer, too. If you were following the logs at the same time you would see, that it's sending chunks of contacts to the server to check if they are using Whatsapp or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tschaka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tschaka View Post
That's normal. Everytime Yappari connects, i.e. also when you start it, it syncs your contacts which makes Yappari seem to hang. For me I am having around 400 contacts with 1-3 phone numbers each and it takes 1 to 2 minutes to become responsive after starting it. Just be patient and wait at least 5 minutes, DO NOT KILL IT! Depending of the number of contacts you are having, this might take a lot longer, too. If you were following the logs at the same time you would see, that it's sending chunks of contacts to the server to check if they are using Whatsapp or not.
Oh, thank you for your feedback, Tschaka. I will try as suggested

d!

The Following User Says Thank You to thedarkus For This Useful Post:
i can confirm that registering no longer works. Here's hoping for a fix soon; just got a new number :l

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
If that's true then that's bad news because I really want to see who is going to hack that...

It has been very hard to hack the Whatsapp protocol lately and another change (like that one) would mean the death of the 3rd party applications for it.
Scorpius,

Just a heads-up; Wazapp registration issues have been fixed

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
I wonder why when registration works nobody registers but when it fails then everybody wants to register again.

It'll take some time to fix it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp