Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by UnlimiteD3k View Post
Xms should've focused on platforms that doesn't have whatsapp on them. They could've gained a bigger market share that way
Very well seen. We also talked about that earlier in this thread. I think it's understandable that other platforms have an higher priority, but it's not right at all to constantly tell the Maemo community "We're working on an update" and throw a beta version on Nokia Store which causes them more complains that good reviews.

I used to be a big fan of XMS (used it already on my previous device) but I'm also close on giving up on it. It's a free application, so I guess they can do whatever they want.

Sad that with "Wazapp"- app WhatsApp won again over XMS, now even on the N9. A successful company would see market gaps like a N9 without WhatsApp... That's my opinion, nobody has to share

Well thanks to the amazing work of tgalal most people got what they wanted.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by ADRENALINE View Post
@ least they have given u what whatsapp naver offered
Nothing more than what we can already do with the phone.

Tbh, as long as we get a decent client, I'm not reet fussed. While we are at the bottom of the priority list, any support is better than nothing.

As good as wazapp is, there is room for improvement and there is the chance of us all getting booted off due to use of a reverse engineered client.

all i want is the push to be fixed so that i don't have to constantly open and check xms, i have deleted, restarted and added the Nokia account i don't know how many times just to get the push and still doesn't work. And i can confirm its the xms issue .it the Nokia side issue. Just to check the push i created two Nokia account for Nokia pulse and everytime i check with Nokia pulse the push messages are working, then i try xms and it don't work, so i redo the whole thing, and still doesn't work but the pulse push is working completely fine. I don't want any features like emotions or pictures or videos for now , all i want is a reliable notification of new messages thats all just a push message to work. I asked probably 15 people of my contacts to use xms just so i can be in touch with them as we all live in different countries and xms was the only one i could use to save money on communications with them and now it don't work, yeah if i keep it open its working but i want my phone thru out the day and if i keep xms open it kills the battery within 3 hours.
so please fix the push message atleast.

I feel your pain. MeeGo users have been long neglected by eBuddy.

Have you guys tried GTalk? It is integrated into our OS and push notification works properly. You don't have to run it as an app and it doesn't drain battery. You can see who's online and best of all it just works.

All it requires is for your contacts to have a Gmail account. All Android users should have this already. I'm surprised why anybody would struggle with a half-baked 3rd party app whose owners treats MeeGo users as beggars when GTalk is already integrated into our OS.

Last edited by SamGan; 2012-05-20 at 03:43.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
I feel your pain. MeeGo users have been long neglected by eBuddy.

Have you guys tried GTalk? It is integrated into our OS and push notification works properly. You don't have to run it as an app and it doesn't drain battery. You can see who's online and best of all it just works.

All it requires is for your contacts to have a Gmail account. All Android users should have this already. I'm surprised why anybody would struggle with a half-baked 3rd party app whose owners treats MeeGo users as beggars when GTalk is already integrated into our OS.
Have been relying on Gtalk and Skype lately.

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
all i want is the push to be fixed so that i don't have to constantly open and check xms, i have deleted, restarted and added the Nokia account i don't know how many times just to get the push and still doesn't work. And i can confirm its the xms issue .it the Nokia side issue. Just to check the push i created two Nokia account for Nokia pulse and everytime i check with Nokia pulse the push messages are working, then i try xms and it don't work, so i redo the whole thing, and still doesn't work but the pulse push is working completely fine. I don't want any features like emotions or pictures or videos for now , all i want is a reliable notification of new messages thats all just a push message to work. I asked probably 15 people of my contacts to use xms just so i can be in touch with them as we all live in different countries and xms was the only one i could use to save money on communications with them and now it don't work, yeah if i keep it open its working but i want my phone thru out the day and if i keep xms open it kills the battery within 3 hours.
so please fix the push message atleast.
Hi,

thanks for using XMS and spreading the word about it.

We're going to fix the issues in the nearest future. Unfortunately, I can't give you precise information when exactly.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Aleksandra

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aleksandra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by Aleksandra View Post
Hi,

thanks for using XMS and spreading the word about it.

We're going to fix the issues in the nearest future. Unfortunately, I can't give you precise information when exactly.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Aleksandra
lol always same answer talking but no working.

The Following User Says Thank You to ADRENALINE For This Useful Post:
wazapp, all the way!

Aleksandra, please tell your team to hurry because your MeeGo user base is getting less and less. I would like to see eBuddy survive on this platform to give the users choice. Thank you.