Active Topics

Poll: What do you think
Poll Options
What do you think

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Get an iPhone 4.
Ah, the iPhone 4. Undeniably a well crafted, and well executed device. I would also take this handset into consideration as a mature application platform, and quality specs are major selling features!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Wait for the next Nokia N9 with Meego.
I was in same situation, but now am holding on for Nokia to unveil it...
Too much money of a investment to jump quick.But thats just me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aikon800 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
In my ignorance (and it is ignorance) and given the choices, I would give the nod to the Galaxy S:

Based on what I've read (a lot of stuff):
1) SAMOLED screen quality is quite a nice feature
2) The Sound quality is supposed to be incredible (unloaded -- on par with iPhone4)
3) Touchwiz is supposed to be very light compared to a deeply integrated Sense
4) Battery life is supposed to be better on the Galaxy S
5) The Galaxy S is the better performer
6) The Galaxy S camera is very good, and has great low-light performance (even lacking a flash)
7) The Galaxy S is more compact and thinner and lighter (though the screen is smaller)
8) Reviews of the Galaxy S are resoundingly positive

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
I would said, keep your N900 since your existing N900 already can do all what your mentioned on "1" and "2" works best on N900.. of course "3" (ls still lacking),

Regardless Samsung Galaxy or Desire...it is the same for all Android phones, They are all the same ....it is just changing the skins (UI) and add and minus some function here and there and they called it a new Android phone. Just look at there a so many Android phones out there, they all looks and function almost identical. Things u can get from one Android compare to another android are almost same. LOL.

You should wait a bit longer.... unless u have the $$$$

Good Luck

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to radiowc For This Useful Post:
Thanks all for your ideas & votes..

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Get an iPhone 4.
I forgot to mention that I'm an owner of iPod Touch 3rd Generation,, & I'm really not impressed with the iOS.. It is completely useless in front of maemo & android
So if I'll change...I'm going to sell both my N900 & the iPod Touch

BTW, This is my own opinion,,

Please Do not start a fight about phones to keep the thread clean

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nokia7Linux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Nokia7Linux View Post
Thanks all for your ideas & votes..

I forgot to mention that I'm an owner of iPod Touch 3rd Generation,, & I'm really not impressed with the iOS.. It is completely useless in front of maemo & android
So if I'll change...I'm going to sell both my N900 & the iPod Touch

BTW, This is my own opinion,,

Please Do not start a fight about phones to keep the thread clean
But that's the ROUND 2 of voting!

Originally Posted by Nokia7Linux View Post
Please no non-sense comments,,,

I'm thinking about changing my N900 without any valid reason :lol:

If you want no non-sense answers, it is probably a good idea to ask no non-sense questions?

Anyway, stick with the N900. You will get bored with Android within a week. The only fun thing about Android is that you can install it on the N900, and that is impossible with the HTC or Samsung.

Or get a N8, Samsung wave or a N9.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bsving For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by bsving View Post
If you want no non-sense answers, it is probably a good idea to ask no non-sense questions?

Anyway, stick with the N900. You will get bored with Android within a week. The only fun thing about Android is that you can install it on the N900, and that is impossible with the HTC or Samsung.

Or get a N8, Samsung wave or a N9.
Totally! Android is TOTALLY boring with that lame app store and thousands of apps to do anything from check your heart rate with the CMOS phone sensor all the way up to an actual, useful and maintained turn-by-turn navigation app. It's not as fun as that N900, clearly.

keep N900.

Have had mine for a year and am loving it more an more every day. It's not perfect...but it's truly an addicting phone.

Hold out for the N9 if you want to change soon.

Wow I am quite shocked at these results. I thought the HTC Desire woukd walk away in the polls by a long way. Then Samsung and then N900. Can't believe the N900 is so far ahead. I know this is maemo.org but even still I thought people would be capable of being objective.

Seriously the HTC blows the N900 away to Mars unless you are interested in doing some mad tweaking in which case stick to N900. But you did not say anything about that so not sure why N900 is ahead of the Desire. Only plus the N900 has over the Desire is the keyboard. But if that is important to you then ditch the N900 and get the Samsung Galaxy Epic.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post: