Closed Thread
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I just renamed the Ovi-specific incarnation of the Chuck Norris Worshipper's Cult discussion so that it can remain in perpetuo for that crowd...in Off Topic. I don't really see us needing a new one for every new thing that comes along, so it can serve as the target for merging threads and/or posts that start in that direction again.

Link here for easy mod finding:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=54077

I'm not familiar with the other threads being discussed here so i have no comment.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
the terms of use should be changed to include the requirement that everyone must read each thread from the start and that discussions stay on topic in off topic.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
the terms of use should be changed to include the requirement that everyone must read each thread from the start and that discussions stay on topic in off topic.
Next you'll be having us all divide by zero!

free chat, all everything about!

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Colorado
off topic .

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
dreamer !!!.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The upshot is that what is off topic or even unsuitable for off topic is whatever a group of the power elite decides it is, and common people have no control over that decision.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
The upshot is that what is off topic or even unsuitable for off topic is whatever a group of the power elite decides it is, and common people have no control over that decision.
Wrong.

There is no "power elite" here. And as for "common people having no control", this is YOUR community. The common members volunteering to keep things on track are very receptive to input, which leads to community control.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Off-topic is that time I shared a recipe for my favorite home brewed beer in the middle of a serious discussion about how to make the N900 more efficient.

I like beer.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Closed Thread

Tags
brain damage, chuckisoutofbag, chuckwashere, context, moderation, off topic, policy, questions, why is he back?, why is who back