Hi,
by stupid accident I've deleted a file (don't remember the name) which was a database for all contacts and smses (and also all thumbnails from my gallery diapered but that maybe was another reason - not sure). Actually these contacts were important .

If just some of you could help me to recover that deleted file.

What I tried already - using flasher with commands:
sudo flasher --load -k vmlinuz-2.6.32.20112201-11.2-adaptation-n950-bootloader -n initrd.img-rescue-2.6.32.20112201-11.2-n950 --boot
to try to make partition visible in pc and then use recovery program like dmde, but after this command in terminal it writes some lines ending with "success" but the partitions doesn't appear on pc at all.
I know i did it once before and it worked but back then I did it with different bootloader files (but i cannot find them anymore).

Do you have any suggestions?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
What kind of "PC" do you have?

If you are running Linux you can automatically access the exported filesystems, but if you use Windows or Mac you need to install device drivers for the filesystems. (N9 uses FAT only on MyDocs partition, the root and home partitions are ext4)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
I did the above command with flasher from ubuntu live distro.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by dna77 View Post
I did the above command with flasher from ubuntu live distro.
OK, try with ubiboot kernel then;

Get the latest release from http://www.swagman.org/juice/ubiboot...3.5_301013.tar
Untar it, you only need the kernel file zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02_301013

Then, boot up the kernel with flasher; "sudo flasher -l -k zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02_301013 - b" and keep the USB connected when the device starts.
You will see a green text screen on the device telling that it has exported filesystems and is ready for you to telnet in.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Thank you juiceme!
I think that is what i was looking for.
I'll check this.

With regards

The Following User Says Thank You to dna77 For This Useful Post:
Ok, I've tried it and it works, i can access partitions now but, i cannot localize that file (database for all contacts and smses) because I don't remember its name.
Do you know what file it is?

Originally Posted by dna77 View Post
Ok, I've tried it and it works, i can access partitions now but, i cannot localize that file (database for all contacts and smses) because I don't remember its name.
Do you know what file it is?
I think you mean .cache/tracker/meta.db which contains a lot of stuff, messages included.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
For meta.db you need to be root (devel-su),
but you may also look at
/home/user/.contacts/tracker
and
/home/user/.smartsearch/vtmc.db
(meant on phone, that with root )

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

I succeed enter the partitions but against my hope the file was already replaced and unrecoverable.
Anyway i managed to extract meta.db and meta.db-wal from a backup file (made in the past with backup menu) and I copied them over to my system.

After restart all the contacts are there but I can't add any new ones. When I try - the moment I press save the contacts app stales until reboot.

Any suggestions?

( I've checked ownership and access rights of meta.db extracted from backup and they seem the same as the original file. )

(Also I've backed up contacts with Nokia Suite and then reverted to original meta.db [with which I can add new contacts] but then Nokia Suite won't copy them back to n9 giving some error code)

Last edited by dna77; 2015-02-02 at 13:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to dna77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
As the name tells it is about meta data, not the real data!? (keep in mind I have no idea how well Nokia fscked this message/contacts storing up in Harmattan, so I may be plain wrong)

I guess you would need with that meta.db the according data databases (mentioned them above, but do not know if they are complete) on the phone. Worth a try if I where you.

Else I would go with the original meta.db, delete all contacts (maybe delete all messages?) and try to restore again from backup.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post: