Posts: 45 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Arendal, Norway
Short story: Accuweather suddenly stopped updating/showing the weather in the upper right corner. I have to click it to enter the applicaton itself, and then exit to view the weather in the corner.
If I then leave the device on standby for a while, and unlock it, the icon is "blank" again. (Only showing the AW logo.)

What have I done? I can't see any settings for the accuweather "widget", anywhere...

its been happening to me as well.. not really sure how to fix it..

FYI I have disabled all FB, Twitter and RSS feeds. Dunno if they are responsible...?

nope.. iv got all mine active, but accuweather doesnt update itself..

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Same here....

Same here i think its the problem of the app itself or something

N9 64gb black

The AccuWeather sync seems to work over the msyncd daemon running in the background (at least I found an awx sync plugin for this) and it looks like as soon this sync does not work automatically, the weather forecast disappears, it does not cache the forecast for this event view.

A reboot often fixed this for me. Also, you have to make sure you have allowed background connections, otherwise the msyncd is not allowed to do its sync.

The other possibility is to install MeeCast and replace the events view plugin of AccuWeather with the one from MeeCast (How-To is in the MeeCast thread). I've switched to this for a few days now and it works fine. Contrary to the AccuWeather plugin, the MeeCast indeed seems to do a caching of the forecast and still shows it (albeit maybe not the real state of a changed forecast) without any internet connection.

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Ok. Let's hope it's one 1 of the 3500 fixes.

I'll try out MeeCast and see how I like that.

I had the same problems until I allowed the background connections. Now it seems to be just fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to masab For This Useful Post:
Background connections are allowed on my device too.

I uninstalled AW and installed MeeCast. However, I don't like the forecasts themselves, Accuweather is more detailed. How do I go about installing Accuweather again?