this is really getting interesting
i think it would be in perfect order if:
1-long press on power button when on stand by turns on flash light and off when short press after that
2-short press on power button unlocks the device.
3- when camera is opened use power button for shooting with focus
4- when player is opened power button for pause and resume and volume button + for next track when short pressed and forward when long pressed, volume button - previous track when short pressed and rewind when long pressed.

guess for the camera shooting from stand by screen it could be double press on power button or something ?

if we could all agree on a pattern for the buttons then a dep file could be made with that pattern code and uploaded to the store so all N9 users could enjoy it and even for profit to who ever would like to make it

The Following User Says Thank You to Mada22009 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
so i dont know how the lumia 800 does this. i assume that you want to do this while inside the camera app; press and hold vol+, wait 1s for it to focus, release to snap picture.

totally feasible, except for the focusing bit. the built-in camera doesnt expose any way to forcibly make it focus {that i know about}. one could easily just write another camera application for doing this with qt mobility, but it wouldnt be as full-featured or polished.
The useful portion would be pressing button X and getting the device to unlock AND launch the camera app. From that point on, using something like the Vol+ as Camera button app would work (or your existing code).

The entire idea revolves around one handed operation... while cycling in my case. Trying to find the shutter button on screen, holding it down, and waiting for it to focus before releasing tends to be very difficult

Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
The useful portion would be pressing button X and getting the device to unlock AND launch the camera app. From that point on, using something like the Vol+ as Camera button app would work (or your existing code).

The entire idea revolves around one handed operation... while cycling in my case. Trying to find the shutter button on screen, holding it down, and waiting for it to focus before releasing tends to be very difficult
oh thats easy as pie. ill add that to the list of hard-coded actions you can change in the config file, when {and if} i actually make this into a gui-configged app.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mada22009 View Post
this is really getting interesting
i think it would be in perfect order if:
1-long press on power button when on stand by turns on flash light and off when short press after that
2-short press on power button unlocks the device.
3- when camera is opened use power button for shooting with focus
4- when player is opened power button for pause and resume and volume button + for next track when short pressed and forward when long pressed, volume button - previous track when short pressed and rewind when long pressed.

guess for the camera shooting from stand by screen it could be double press on power button or something ?

if we could all agree on a pattern for the buttons then a dep file could be made with that pattern code and uploaded to the store so all N9 users could enjoy it and even for profit to who ever would like to make it
in order for the power button to do all these things, it would need to not lock/unlock the screen. i personally like its single-naturedness and am fine using vol+/- for everything.

also, i really wanna know what buttons people want, but no consensus need be reached; it should be configurable {preferably without coding}.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Slovakia
I would suggest:
1 - c) press and hold vol+ to turn on the flash, release to turn it off
2 - double tap on + to next, double tap on - for previous. press both together for pause (is it possible? physically yes)
4 - camerra hack is extremely slow for me to use, really. need to find out something more quick. toggling camera from lockscreen is a good ideal

The Following User Says Thank You to Rusnak-COBRA For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Can you also change the Vol up and the Vol down button to force the volume instead of changing the profile?

It's very annoying, see this bug what I mean:
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=5202
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=210

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Rusnak-COBRA View Post
I would suggest:
1 - c) press and hold vol+ to turn on the flash, release to turn it off
2 - double tap on + to next, double tap on - for previous. press both together for pause (is it possible? physically yes)
4 - camerra hack is extremely slow for me to use, really. need to find out something more quick. toggling camera from lockscreen is a good ideal
My suggest:

1. exactly like yours, the best option for flashlight imo
2. Agreed too. Double tap vol+/- next/prev sounds good, but pause... it's hard to push both exactly same time. If not possible, its ok. i rarely use the pause option and it isn't so bad to do it on the usual way.
3. hold down vol- for camera use. possibility to open camera app, focus and take a picture.

Of course the best option would be possibility to choose by yourself one command for one action with UI.
Like this:

A. flashlight: choose option (1.long press vol+-, 2.double press vol,3.... etc)

B. next/previous track: 1...2...3.

The Following User Says Thank You to late88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Slovakia
have you tried to push both buttons at once? I am doing it right now, it is not a problem.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
have you tried to push both buttons at once? I am doing it right now, it is not a problem.
It depens how responsive it is. (delay) if you don't have to push exactly the same time, its ok for me.

yea, but try doing it while driving/jogging/etc. for me, play/pause and skip are the two most important features.

Tags
harmattan, nokia n9