Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Hi,

Has anyone noticed the email client is slow to open emails on X?

Opening the emails with Sony X side by side with Jolla phone, and Jolla phone is noticeably quicker.

Rich
yes, its extremely slow. in the transition to mail content. if its only text its fine but if email contains attachmends, headers, footers, html or other things its no smooth at all. jolla need a project butter

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-10-21 at 05:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
I was able to install Play Store to Xperia with these instructions. I stopped the auto-update right after the installation and now have a 4.5.10 version.

Should I update to a newer one? 6.4.13? And how about Play Services? Maps says that the're too old, but Maps still works though...

The Following User Says Thank You to asa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
yes, its extremely slow. in the transition to mail content. if its only text its fine but if email contains attachmends, headers, footers, html or other things its no smooth at all. jolla need a project butter
I hope RC4 planned for next week will fix these lags !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
I was able to install Play Store to Xperia with these instructions. I stopped the auto-update right after the installation and now have a 4.5.10 version.

Should I update to a newer one? 6.4.13? And how about Play Services? Maps says that the're too old, but Maps still works though...
As far as I know, version 7.3.25.K is the last one, that allows application updates in Sailfish. It works for me. Play services you can update from Jolla Android Store.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
As far as I know, version 7.3.25.K is the last one, that allows application updates in Sailfish. It works for me.
Very easy to obtain older versions of Play Store via Aptoide, although remember you still have to accept "Update" to install 7.3.25.K if you are on 4.5.10

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
As far as I know, version 7.3.25.K is the last one, that allows application updates in Sailfish. It works for me. Play services you can update from Jolla Android Store.
Thanks! Play Services updated via Jolla Android Store.

Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Very easy to obtain older versions of Play Store via Aptoide, although remember you still have to accept "Update" to install 7.3.25.K if you are on 4.5.10
How do I accept the update?

I used this code to prevent Play Store from updating:
Code:
touch /opt/alien/data/app/com.android.vending-1.apk
chattr +i /opt/alien/data/app/com.android.vending-1.apk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I can confirm that Opera VPN + Travelex card purchased in the USA works.

For others based in the US, did you flash Sailfish X on top of the USA-localized android firmware image, or on top of the generic image linked in the Linux installation guide thread?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
I can confirm that Opera VPN + Travelex card purchased in the USA works.

For others based in the US, did you flash Sailfish X on top of the USA-localized android firmware image, or on top of the generic image linked in the Linux installation guide thread?
And exactly why would you want to use the USA-localised Android firmware instead of what the community recommends?

The Following User Says Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by oenone View Post
And exactly why would you want to use the USA-localised Android firmware instead of what the community recommends?
I don't. But since US telecoms deploy a breathtaking patchwork of LTE bands specific to North America where the required band may differ from region to region even on the same provider, I am hoping not to do anything to break compatibility or degrade performance in accessing my provider's network.

P.S. Most of the community doesn't live in the US. Which is why I am asking for the experiences of our American community members if there are US-specific issues we need to watch out for

Last edited by klinglerware; 2017-10-21 at 17:55.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
Thanks! Play Services updated via Jolla Android Store.

How do I accept the update?

I used this code to prevent Play Store from updating:
Code:
touch /opt/alien/data/app/com.android.vending-1.apk
chattr +i /opt/alien/data/app/com.android.vending-1.apk
I am not good in Linux, but with
Code:
chattr -i /opt/alien/data/app/com.android.vending-1.apk
you again allow changes in com.android.vending-1.apk,
and you are able to remove or phone is able to update it.

Those who know better, can correct me. :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x