Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Help: global or USA regional variant? Or which command to see your current kernel image?

I bought the N900 using the developer program, straight from Finland with the European plug

TIA,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-05-31 at 15:59.

Posts: 303 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Original firmware?

You can see your current firmware by opening settings and scrolling down to about product..

If you've reflashed with a different regional version then I don't think the phone will tell you what version you had originally..

The version on the phone is tied to the product code.. google for your product code and see what you find..

The Following User Says Thank You to cpitchford For This Useful Post:
TIA,

I meant the current FW. Attempting to upgrade to PR1.2 today

bun

Originally Posted by cpitchford View Post
You can see your current firmware by opening settings and scrolling down to about product..
The version on the phone is tied to the product code.. google for your product code and see what you find..
About product gives only OS version, not FW version.

I googled my imei, wifi mac address, no match.

I remember one can see your FW version by looking at the log of mplayer..... sure that should be a command to look it up. Some guru knows

bun

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
the fw IS the os version lol

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
what are you trying to do?

Thanks for quick reply.

I am about to follow your step by step guide to upgrade to PR1.2 and trying to decide which one to flash. BTW, your guide is very detail, thanks for the work. The most I gathered so far, there is apparently little differece between the two, some with wifi channels and some with FM transmittence, which I think is minor other than the language pack and settings etc.

I mistaken OS/FW with kernel image . OS/FW what one sees in the about product, 3.2010.02-8 or maemo 5 or Fremantle, while kernel is really what I meant, the RX-51_2009SE....COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

Edit: According to wiki, firmware image or firmware is the RX-51...., OS is Fremantle. Whatever, I am confused

Thanks again,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-05-31 at 16:11.

Tags
global, pr1.2