Active Topics

Hello all.

New here, but wanted to see what's the concensus or thoughts about this. I ordered my N900 from NokiaUSA online store and was under the impression that it would qualify for the $50 Nokia Visa prepaid card/rebate. However, the Nokia rep told me that Nokia will not honor it, it was only intended for ppl who bought the phone from other places, such as Amazon, Newegg, etc. Does that sound right? I read the Nokia Visa $50 prepaid card form/document, and no where does it say only valid if purchased through other places such as Amazon etc. What you guys think?

Got it from the Chicago store, they only said to wait for a few days because the Ovi site isn't up yet. Once it is up, I can submit the rebate.

I hope that's true, then I am glad I bought the phone from Nokia. Thanks for your feedback.

Here's the link for the rebate form from Nokia:

http://www.nokiapromos.com/Device/DeviceOffer.pdf

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
I am not sure this is correct. The Nokia USA site does not even list the rebate like all the other retalers do.

Would someone please conifirm that the NokiaUSA.com purchases are indeed eligible for the -$50-00 rebate?

I mailed mine in yesterday and I bought from nokia. It doesnt state anywhere on there that its not accepted by them so I think your ok.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ WA, USA
Originally Posted by mustang_52 View Post
I mailed mine in yesterday and I bought from nokia. It doesnt state anywhere on there that its not accepted by them so I think your ok.
On lower right hand corner, there's "400" number. I've see other PDF form that has other numbers. I wonder if that number indicate anyting??

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago, IL
Yeah I'm curious about this as well. I'm hoping to grab an n900 for christmas, and wanted to get in on the rebate deal... if nokiausa wont honor it though, might just have to order through amazon/newegg or something...

Going slightly off-topic here, but still on the rebate thing .. ?

What's your opinion regarding the purchase date requirements thing .. ? I mean, I 'purchased' my Nokia N900 on Oct 2, so would I qualify for the rebate or not .. ? As far as I can tell, there's no requirement for the invoice in order to get the rebate .. So does this mean that I can still get the rebate, even though I pre-ordered the phone before the rebate time started ?

Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post
Going slightly off-topic here, but still on the rebate thing .. ?

What's your opinion regarding the purchase date requirements thing .. ? I mean, I 'purchased' my Nokia N900 on Oct 2, so would I qualify for the rebate or not .. ? As far as I can tell, there's no requirement for the invoice in order to get the rebate .. So does this mean that I can still get the rebate, even though I pre-ordered the phone before the rebate time started ?
I think this' been debated to death in other threads, but I'd think that the date of the transaction on the credit card would be operative.