I don't know why but installing any app from store lasts 5 minutes or even more . Why ovi is not like android market , with nitdroid in 5 minutes I install 10 apps .

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
how long does it take for non-store apps?

via x-term it's quick . the long part is "Waiting" , downloand + installing is faster .

And I always have to sign in when I download an app , it doesn't stay logged .

from what i know, waiting is the part when store is getting a lock on the status area database as well as reading your database...

During waiting is there any other app that is using the status area database?

Have you tried on a fresh reboot don't open any apps AMD after 2mins open store and trying? Does it still take that long?

The above are what I speculate on as i am not too sure of this behavior and think its better to eliminate causes

Yes I guess is lock , sometimes I use rm -f ../lock when it says error . My problem is why everytime I have to wait a lot or press 20 times Download to get an app installed . Is there any fix or a way to make this installing process faster ?

i do rm -f ~/lock many times too but are you sure you do it when really the app using it doesn't require it anymore?

I think removing lock before an app is done with it can cause an issue too but since you tried via terminal and have no issues this is not the cause IMO...

I have no idea on how to speed it up; maybe you want to re-install Store?

It doesn't find the package . Anyway , I think I will reflash the phone because it's too messy , do you think open-mode would make it faster ? Also , a question related to open-mode , I saw the open kernel is 1.1 , that means is only with 1.1 features ? no 1.3 ?

I use open mode though it doesn't affect your speed at all...

Do remember open mode locks CAL into a read-only zone so you can't set security codes to lock your device or security codes to use your MfE accounts other than the usual username and password...

The upside is the negation of inception and the ease at which you can play with system packages

For open-mode kernel, you can either get the pr1.3 dual-boot kernel from nitdroid or you can use the regular pr1.3 open mode kernel from here

The advantage of the dual-boot kernel is that you can use Nitdroid as well as BackupMenu by farfary to backup/restore rootfs, userfs as and when you choose...

Lastly, before you reflash may I suggest you use N9QTweak to its full capabilities and get the .deb's for your apps, backup of messages, backup of any settings you may want etc so that it makes restore a seamless job instead of a chore