Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@akuma
You know about that problem thread?
But as it seems old and not used anymore, here is my answer:

Sounds weird, very weird.
But after thinking about it a few minutes, I remembered (which is not quite often on my days ).
It could be due to
/etc/modprobe.d/bridgedriver
Please see here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=121
and a few posts later the answer from freemangordon.

AND please be aware that multiboot is deprecated and not any longer supported by kernel power (cssu?). So if you wanna have nit droid also please use u-boot.

My current bridgedriver looks like
'options bridgedriver shm_size=0x50000000 base_img=/lib/dsp/baseimage.dof' (only using kp52 via u-boot, use shm_size=0x40000000 for stock kernel))
but should be (according to fmg)
'options bridgedriver phys_mempool_base=0 base_img=/lib/dsp/baseimage.dof'

Hope this is it and it helps you ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much for your answer Peter.

I was aware of that problem thread, but because it's related to playing/recording 720p and not about the installation itself, I thought that it wouldn't be the correct thread to post on.

Anyway again thank you very much for your answer.
I've made some research and tests. I know that Multiboot is deprecated for kernel power but I only use it because I couldn't make U-Boot to boot NITdroid (only got to boot the Maemo system). Also, the latests NITdroid installation scripts installs Multiboot in a way that kernel power and it can co-exists and works very well (I'll try U-Boot more in the future).

For more info that could help, I'm installing NITdroid in the eMMC not in a SD card.

Here are some clues of more and more reflash I've done due to this problem:

If I install CSSU-Thumb exactly as the N900 Perfect Setup/alternative1 CSSU-Thumb installation says (disabling the OVI and Extras-Testing repos, creating the 'preferences' file on /etc/apt with the copied text it's described there), it installs perfectly (in the installation it warns me about the 'preferences' file and asks to delete it, and I select 'no', becuse of the CSSU-Thumb part guide), but then if I do the 720p installation steps, after the reboot, the boot loop appears again!!
So it wasn't even need to install NITdroid for this to happen.

After reflashing it again (only the FIASCO part with RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin), as I don't know how to exit from that loop (I tried booting the RescueOS image, but after booted, I don't know what to do to fix it after mounting the rootfs partition), I then installed CSSU-Thumb but this time with all the repos active and without the 'preferences' file.
CSSU-Thumb installed ok and after the 720p installation steps all worked ok. I tried the camera and recorded on 720p well, etc.

Then I installed NITdroid and after selecting the NITdroid option on the boot menu, now the phone starts with the Nokia logo and then it power off after a while.

Any idea?

I'm going to check all you said and the bridgedriver.

Thanks.

UPDATE:

I found the problem of the boot loop, it seems that it was due to the used kernel on the maemo boot option. It was selected "omap1", and when I changed it to use the "kernelpowerv52" it started normally. Now I got a working Multiboot environment with the latest NITdroid Gingerbread OS and Maemo with CSSU-Thumb, Kernel Power v52 (wich has the errata fixed) and able to watch and record 720p content.
Thank you very much for your help anyway.

Cheers.

Last edited by Akuma; 2014-06-15 at 20:49. Reason: UPDATE

The Following User Says Thank You to Akuma For This Useful Post:
Glad you got it booting.

So now I am pretty sure the conf /etc/modprobe.d/bridgedriver is the one to blame.
Would you mind to post your contents of this file?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Glad you got it booting.

So now I am pretty sure the conf /etc/modprobe.d/bridgedriver is the one to blame.
Would you mind to post your contents of this file?
Yeah!, of course, here it is:

Code:
options bridgedriver phys_mempool_base=0 base_img=/lib/dsp/baseimage.dof
#fixed by kernel-power
That's the content. If you want any other thing just tell me, I'm going to install easydebian

Cheers.

@freemangordon

So it really looks like above config does not let boot the stock kernel anymore.
Same as I experienced. Left the mem=0x50000000 config in my bridgedriver as above config did not let boot stock on my device too. And as I was forced to change anyway I decided to switch between 0x5 and 0x40000000
Any idea?

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@freemangordon

So it really looks like above config does not let boot the stock kernel anymore.
Same as I experienced. Left the mem=0x50000000 config in my bridgedriver as above config did not let boot stock on my device too. And as I was forced to change anyway I decided to switch between 0x5 and 0x40000000
Any idea?
IIRC this is fixed in KP53

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Some times video get error

Originally Posted by anand.bhoo View Post
Some times video get error
[sarcasm]
Very helpful and informative bug report
Are you possibly a Windoze user?
[/sarcasm]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
[sarcasm]
Very helpful and informative bug report
Are you possibly a Windoze user?
[/sarcasm]
ya

when i was playing video but sudenly "unable to play meadia file"

It's been a long time since the last time i managed to make a video call, so, i have decided to try an old libgstdsp build i made on 20 december of 2011 to change the default jpeg compression at 97%... and magically it worked again!!
If someone has the same problem, here attached you can find the working lib and sources.

@freemangordon
i suppose that something got messed in the latest libgstdsp version in the first post (at least for me)

After a quick check, also video playback, video recording and photos taken with camera-ui "seem" to be working or at least i could tag as "work_for_me_so_far".
Attached Files
File Type: zip libgstdsp.so_20111220_xes_jpeg_mod.zip (57.9 KB, 86 views)
File Type: gz freemangordons-gst-dsp_Xes_mod_20111220.tar.gz (296.3 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by xes; 2014-07-21 at 16:39.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player