Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Hey guys,

My N900's CMT stopped working the other week, and I decided I might as well try something new (Nokia E7) rather than try to fix it. It's a great phone, but a lot of the things it could do really didn't improve my life to any great degree once the novelty factor wore off.

At is stands though, I have a perfectly functional Wi-Fi only N900. What uses could one have for such a device in the home?

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Canada
I would personally use it as a wireless video-camera and wireless microphone, would you be interested in selling it?

It can certainly do as much as an iPod Touch - try seeing what people have done with those.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Is the GPS still working? Then it could be a good turn-by-turn car navigation system with sygic (or navit but I haven't tried it)

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
The N900 is no way old so i strongly suggest you re-flash both images because 99.9% of people on this forum will think this is soooo sad to read.

MANY people are programming for this device and for you to say what you have said is just not fair on those people.

what is the CMT?

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Pillum View Post
what is the CMT?
Component Management Tool

sell it off on ebay for dirt cheap. i'll buy it for spare parts :P

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ New Zealand
Agreed^^^ Then post link to ebay listing here

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
The N900 is no way old so i strongly suggest you re-flash both images because 99.9% of people on this forum will think this is soooo sad to read.

MANY people are programming for this device and for you to say what you have said is just not fair on those people.
http://maemo.org/packages/view/cmt-firmware-rx51/

CMT = cellular modem terminal. My phone can no longer receive any telephone signals, and such is not actually a phone anymore. I actually pointed this out in my first post.

I strongly recommend you understand what you are talking about before commenting.