Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Also i have a problem with usb connector in tablet, sometimes it shows charging, but actully not charging. need to push cable inside, or use different cable.
I noticed an interesting thing. When my tablet stops charging, if I plug it out from the charger end (and don't touch the tablet part of the cable), then plug it in after a second or two, it continues charging normally like nothing ever happened

This may indicate that there is a software charging issue as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I noticed an interesting thing. When my tablet stops charging, if I plug it out from the charger end (and don't touch the tablet part of the cable), then plug it in after a second or two, it continues charging normally like nothing ever happened

This may indicate that there is a software charging issue as well.
Have you repaired it yet?
i have new spare battery for Jolla Tablet and many other parts. Maybe i can help you to repair it

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zenecho View Post
This morning my 32GB Tablet was effectively Dead. ie would not turn on, would not charge.

Current charging on good quality 2 Amp charger with my N900 USB cable.

It was working fine last night, when left it was not connected to anything ie charging or connected to computer.

The battery was low, maybe very low, I dont think I had switched it off.

..any suggestions?
well the battery might be "overdischarged"
when the V/mAh value is below the critical limit - botloader would not give his "OK" to boot the system

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I did - the problem was the micro USB port and I had it replaced in a repair workshop here. Works like a charm since.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jul 2017 @ Munich
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I did - the problem was the micro USB port and I had it replaced in a repair workshop here. Works like a charm since.
Hello Bundyo, can you point me to the repair workshop? I didn't find it Thanks.

Last edited by gabs5807; 2017-07-25 at 10:44. Reason: typo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gabs5807 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Hey gabs!
There is no official workshop. Bundyo found a local shop in bulgaria because fixing the usb port is a kind of standard operation for a good technician regardless of the device model.
Jolla Tablet is easy to dissasamble. You will definately find a local shop in munich where you can discuss prices in person and let it fix.
What did you pay, Bundyo?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jul 2017 @ Munich
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Hey gabs!
There is no official workshop. Bundyo found a local shop in bulgaria because fixing the usb port is a kind of standard operation for a good technician regardless of the device model.
Jolla Tablet is easy to dissasamble. You will definately find a local shop in munich where you can discuss prices in person and let it fix.
What did you pay, Bundyo?
Hello Mosen, many thanks for clarification. I have some experience with soldering, but SMD soldering is new to me. So may be i should wait for my new youyota tablet before i disassemble the older jolla tablet .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gabs5807 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
This happened to my aqua fish , won't charge or turn on. Then I found out that this device could start without battery (connect to a pc without battery). I did that and slipped in the battery unit while device was working but all in vain. No detection when connected to pc not even in recovery mode. Now my device is being repaired in the official service centre. Does not look like a software issue but my device was working well , no problems were there at all. I will ask the repair guy about the cause of the issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
I got my device back today and it is working fine. They told me that they changed the charging jack, don't know what that is .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hardy_magnus View Post
I got my device back today and it is working fine. They told me that they changed the charging jack, don't know what that is .
yes, this is a common problem. MicroUSB Port is a weak point of many mobile devices. Its broken by design.
Lets hope that USB C will be widely accepted by the manufacturers

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post: