Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
What are the chances of finding another easter egg inside the N810?

IIRC, back when the 770 came out, it wasn't clear from the start that it had a microphone. Then Nokia didnt mention the FM radio in the N800.

What do you think? Whats inside the N810? Espresso machine? Toaster? Hard cover? Laser pointer? Or are we certain that hardware-wise the N810 is so close to the N800 that we won't see any surprises?

EDIT: No! A missing SD-slot doesn't count as an easter egg (except that you can keep searching it forever...).

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
supposedly the fm radio wasnt the eater egg on the n800. i think at this point, the 400Mhz CPU may have been it.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
... seems somebody found the answer in a different thread.

Maybe the wlan-chip is wimax capable after flashing new firmware? n800 and n810

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
Originally Posted by kotzkind View Post
Maybe the wlan-chip is wimax capable after flashing new firmware? n800 and n810
I don't think it quite works that way. That like taking a flashlight, and putting different batteries in it hoping that a Laser comes out instead of light. I don't know the exact frequencies and power output of WiMAX, but I know that it's higher than WiFi (at least if I recall correctly). Anyone want to back me up on this?

Hardware Easter Egg? Maybe an actual WiMAX chip/antenna. Or a 2+ Megapixel Camera? Or maybe ANOTHER FM radio?

Though I don't think "easter egg" is the appropriate term. Easter egg is supposed to be something hidden and funny that the devs put in, with not necessarily much usage intended. Like a hidden video of an 810 EATING an iPhone somewhere deep in the filesystem. Now THAT would be an easter Egg I'd like to see

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
@benny

according to texrat, the fm radio was not the easter egg
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

yes, Texrat, now the 810 is out, can you tell us what that easter-egg-that-is-not-the-radio is ? Or is it still a secret because it's in the 810 too ? :-)

I wish the Easter Egg would be TV Out...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
yes, Texrat, now the 810 is out, can you tell us what that easter-egg-that-is-not-the-radio is ? Or is it still a secret because it's in the 810 too ? :-)
Heck, they didn't even tell me about the N800 FM radio, and I was helping launch the silly thing!

Sorry, no idea...

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Atlanta, GA + Oxford UK
Originally Posted by jzencovich View Post

Though I don't think "easter egg" is the appropriate term. Easter egg is supposed to be something hidden and funny that the devs put in, with not necessarily much usage intended. Like a hidden video of an 810 EATING an iPhone somewhere deep in the filesystem. Now THAT would be an easter Egg I'd like to see
LOL Now that wqould be cool. Maybe not the iPhone but the iTouch (closest real mainline competitor)

I have the image of a iTouch and a N810 sitting on the dashboard of a car. The N810 slides open legs pop out ALA transformer style it stands up and starts stamping the iTouch. after much metal mangling and stamping a Mini SD card is left the n810 opens its slots and slides it in.