Posts: 42 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ United Kingdom
To reflash your n900:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Reflash

When the flasher is searching for the n900, make sure the n900 is off at this stage, then:

N900: While holding the u key, connect the N900 to your computer via USB. Wait until you see a dim screen on your N900 with a Nokia logo in the middle of your screen with an USB icon in the top right corner.
(TIP: Hold the u key until Windows has successfully installed the driver.)
Also if you have win7 64 bit see here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...170#post978170

Appologies if you have already tried this.

Last edited by Chrisboff; 2011-04-08 at 17:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrisboff For This Useful Post:
so many posts about flashing, yet no one has searched or gave him instructions on how to do it

turn the phone off, take the battery out.

download flasher from here
download
download latest firmware from here

save when you have installed flasher move the firmware in the directory where you install mameo flasher. c:/programfile/maemo flasher.... where ever it installed it.

open cmd and type
cd "%ProgramFiles%\maemo\flasher-3.5"

then
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.203.1_PR_COMBINED_203_ARM.bin -f -R

(change the bold writting to match your filename which you saved in maemo flasher directory).

now it will say waiting for a suitable device.
plug you usb in to your phone. hold the "U" key and put the battery in. Keep holding the "U" key until it starts flashing the phone

good luck

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tele For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ United Kingdom
The reason why is probably because detailed instructions on reflashing can already be found at the links provided so that people don't have to spend lots of time re-explaining a common issue.

Originally Posted by Chrisboff View Post
To reflash your n900:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Reflash

When the flasher is searching for the n900, make sure the n900 is off at this stage, then:

Also if you have win7 64 bit see here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...170#post978170

Appologies if you have already tried this.
thankx for replyin

but when i connect my phone to the computer nothing comes up on the monitor, i dont see anything.. same goes for the phone when i hold the U key..nothing change.. it just show the Nokia sign for abt 20 second than disappear for abt 20seconds than comes back.. repeating same thing over and over

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by hhmah View Post
i downloaded Enhanced Linux Kernel from the app manager... then turned the phone off, i though it ganna help with booting between maemo and meego.. i didnt see anychanges so i went back to the file manager and uninstall the Enhanced Linux Kernel. than turned it off....... then after that i tried to turn the phone on but i couldn't..
Thats exactly where you did wrong. When you uninstall power kernel via app manager you don't restore your pevious kernel so you have no kernel to boot to when you restart your N900. That is why when you want to uninstall power kernel you need to use the 'Deinstall Kernel-' button or manually in the command line to restore your kernel.

Well It's a bit late now, you will need a reflash

The Following User Says Thank You to fasza2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by hhmah View Post
thankx for replyin

but when i connect my phone to the computer nothing comes up on the monitor, i dont see anything.. same goes for the phone when i hold the U key..nothing change.. it just show the Nokia sign for abt 20 second than disappear for abt 20seconds than comes back.. repeating same thing over and over
Maybe you could try using a diff OS like XP, Linux or Mac.It might be a little easier on those. (un)Fortunately I don't use Win7 so can't comment on that.

The Following User Says Thank You to fasza2 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
If he can not see the device on the pc then he has no chance to flash, this is why in the beggining i said he MAY have a usb fault and the more i read the more i suspect BUT i do not know why if he has tried a fully charged battery from his friends mobile why it does not turn on.

Unless he has totally wiped the boot sector of his device but that should not stop the device from being seen on the pc, so my thoughts without seeing it is the usb port is faulty, or his usb lead of course and also he may have another hardware fault, very strange situation.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-04-09 at 04:00.

i'll try to use different computer and we'll see.. anyway thankx for all your help..

you guys tried very hard to help me, so thank you, thank you, thank u

make sure to take the battery out. plug the usb. hold "U" key and put battery in.. keep holding the U key!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to tele For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tele View Post
make sure to take the battery out. plug the usb. hold "U" key and put battery in.. keep holding the U key!!!!!

i pluged the usb.. then hold the U key.. thn put the battery in..
i did hold the U key for abt 3mints... but i didnt see anything

Tags
bada rox