Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Hi,

I already know that ctrl shift p does a screenshot. But portrait screenshot is a problem here. Know the methods with load monitor, but... wouldn't it be easier to

Code:
sleep 5s && do-screenshot
Or something like that?

Does anybody know how to take screenshots from the command line?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
I have not installed in on my N900, but have it on my desktop. You could probably use

http://maemo.org/packages/view/imagemagick/

and use that to apply "import screenshot.png".

Edit: Coulnd't help myself, even if I wanted...

So, I tried the maemo version, and it works. Keep in mind you need to give it a mousepress after giving the command/enter in order to initiate the screenshot. Also keep an eye on your location and either move into the folder where you want your screenie to be saved, or add it's pathname on the command line.

Easy enough?

Last edited by anthonie; 2013-06-06 at 14:14. Reason: Edit: Tried the maemo version

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
I have not installed in on my N900, but have it on my desktop. You could probably use

http://maemo.org/packages/view/imagemagick/

and use that to apply "import screenshot.png".

Edit: Coulnd't help myself, even if I wanted...

So, I tried the maemo version, and it works. Keep in mind you need to give it a mousepress after giving the command/enter in order to initiate the screenshot. Also keep an eye on your location and either move into the folder where you want your screenie to be saved, or add it's pathname on the command line.

Easy enough?
When using the -window root option, the menu bar's shot is messed up. When clicking the window, there's no status bar. It's better than nothing but doesn't work as good as the built-in shortcut.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
When using the -window root option, the menu bar's shot is messed up. When clicking the window, there's no status bar. It's better than nothing but doesn't work as good as the built-in shortcut.
Again, I am such a sucker for solutions...

Leaving off the window -root actually does the trick, somewhat. The problem lies in the window overlap from the main menu button, I guess. Pressing the menu button should bring the result as shown in the screenshot.
Attached Images

Last edited by anthonie; 2013-06-06 at 15:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post: