New version 1.0-2 which fix support for kernel-power v52 and prepared BME replacement is in first post.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
two things,
firstly like H-E-N I often need to retry two or more times to mount my flash drive
secondly USB mode times out before I can mount my Samsung YP3 MP3 player, I can mount it in h-e-n if I give it a few extra seconds between boost, enumerate, and mount.

@biketool
See 2nd part of:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=70

I've already suggested to extend timeout/make it user configurable from GUI, but it seems, that this feature request was "missed in action". I've fixed it personally via editing script by hand (don't remember exact line, now), but of course it isn't optimal way - every update overwrites it.

Pali, as it seems that there are more devices affected by this bug (trying another speed too early, just after device get enumerated properly), could You consider extending timeout/making it configurable? Thanks a lot, in advance.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Estel, I need to know which timeout should be extended.

Erm, don't know how to say it more precisely, so I will describe, again, exactly what happen - I hope you will be able to draw conclusion, about which part fails.

So - after switching to hostmode, Your script start to cycle through speeds, in attempt to determine correct one. In case of my keyboard, it looks like this:

low speed -> it's enumerated properly, extkbd detects it, and for millisecond I'm able to use keyboard -> just (mentioned) milisecond after it, usbmode is killing it, to try another speed, so device becomes unusable again.

Then, process repeat, and usbmode reports failure, despite fact, that device was working OK (until it killed it by trying with new speed).

Conclusion - timeout before declaring "failure" at current speed, and trying next speed, should be extended by second or two.
---

It's not only problem of low-speed devices - same happen for high-speed hub I was trying to connected, and, as reported, for some high-speed HDDs.
---

If it still doesn't help, I may browse through script's code, and try to determine what I've extended, to make it work - but I was trying so many things re-hostmode (and it was more than a month ago), that I'm afraid I could give You wrong suggestions. I'm quite sure that - as author - You will know better, which value I've just described, by analyzing detailed description.
---

If You have any idea how I could help (by other means), I'll be glad to do so. Just keep in mind that I'm still on kp51 (latest revision of 51 from repos), so I'm using corresponding usbmode.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I mean I need to know which "sleep" command. There are more between changing speed. Patch file should be also OK. If you changed more (maybe irrelevant) lines, also provide patch...

Can anyone give me a direct link to download usb host app to my phone?please. When I'm going to install armel.deb file it says lots of missing files.

Please tell me how to install this on my phone. From where I should download. I'm new for n900

One thing I knew in this forum is, there's very much selfish persons. When a newer ask a question any one not like to answer him to solve his problem. He's asking it because it's difficult to understand. May be it's very easy for past members and n900 genius. But it's not for me. Hundreds of members looking the post but most of members are selfish to tell it how to do. I was really disappointed.

@weebly
This will help You, for sure. although, you must read it from first word, to the very end, carefully, with understanding:
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

After acknowledging wisdom there, you will know why You've not been answered, and what You did wrong.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
usbmode