Notices

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ mother earth
Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
Run the following code and HAM shouldn't notify you about QtRapids updates any more:

Code:
sudo gainroot
echo "Package: qtrapids-gui
Pin: version 1.1-1
Pin-Priority: 1001" >> /etc/apt/preferences

I'm afraid it doesn't.

First read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_%28protocol%29. After that download a torrent from somewhere and open it with the "Open" option from the programs menu.
i did something wrong and it messed up my preferences file, HAM shows "operation failed".
how can i fix it ?

EDIT: never mind I just deleted the preferences file and everything is back to normal.

Last edited by yamakasi; 2011-06-19 at 17:44.

I have installed QtRapids using the instructions on page 1, it seems to work fine, loads torrents, starts downloading, etc... My problem is after about 1-2 minutes of downloading, it mysteriously stops. It could be the torrent, but the torrent works fine in uTorrent on my PC...

Anyone else having this problem? Thanks in advanced.

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by kc5teg View Post
I have installed QtRapids using the instructions on page 1, it seems to work fine, loads torrents, starts downloading, etc... My problem is after about 1-2 minutes of downloading, it mysteriously stops. It could be the torrent, but the torrent works fine in uTorrent on my PC...

Anyone else having this problem? Thanks in advanced.
If you don't mind a gui and udp protocoll I suggest you to use ctorrent+flashlite patch. For some torrents it may be helpful to delete udp tracker with www.torrenteditor.com

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
it works! i would like to suggest a little improvement in the gui though. like a light colored background and feel.

downloaded a 350MB file in 1hour no problems whatsoever.

thanks!

Any chance of getting this working on the N9?

The Following User Says Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
Any chance of getting this working on the N9?
At least I'm not going to do it since I don't own a N9, my N900 broke down and I now own a SGS2. Of course somebody else can do it (it wasn't originally made by me anyway) and it wouldn't probably even be difficult since it's made in QT.

Well, I would definately donate some hard earned cash to someone to port over to the N9, this is one of the apps I sorely miss from the N900.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
Well, I would definately donate some hard earned cash to someone to port over to the N9, this is one of the apps I sorely miss from the N900.
Just to let you know, I just happened to get my development env up and running last weekend. I also managed to build QtRapids on Harmattan, but this thing originally being a plain Qt app, it looked truly fugly on N9.

So, what I am saying is: expect a Harmattan port soon-ish. I am not sure yet what that means, but I'd hope (late)-February, if all goes well.

(Being the "original" QtRapids dev, and it being what got me into this MeeGo mess in the first place, I have the ambition to take this project to an appropriate finish. Considering the current known status of N9/Harmattan)

Edit: And instead of the hard-earned cash, I would welcome a proper icon for this thing, as the Maemo5 artwork was from "yours truly". Not that I consider myself poor in the art of graphics

Last edited by lassileevi; 2012-01-23 at 21:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to lassileevi For This Useful Post:
Before You drown into harmattanish sea of Obsolescence Could You please upload Maemo version to extras-devel? I can assist in that, if You have any problems (or, even upload it myself and immediately grant You maintainership, if You can provide me a debian source package output)

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Before You drown into harmattanish sea of Obsolescence Could You please upload Maemo version to extras-devel? I can assist in that, if You have any problems (or, even upload it myself and immediately grant You maintainership, if You can provide me a debian source package output)

/Estel
If you want to try solving out the dependency problems the orginal source can be found here:
https://garage.maemo.org/scm/?group_id=1070
And the possibly slightly edited source I tried to upload to extras-devel here:
http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie...trapids/0.1-1/
Any newer source edits I had disappeared with my old computer I'm afraid. I never really managed to solve the reason why it always kept depending on the older qt version because I really don't know that musch about debian packaging. If you need any more help just ask but as I said I really dont have any idea on how to solve the problem.