Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Perhaps the most impressive thing I've seen any staff from Nokia do in quite some time. Took the time out to use plain, straightforward terms that equate to "they are listening".

Impressive.
Heh... on the other hand I didn't think about how much context is lost when I pull that quote out of the article.

Perhaps the most impressive thing I've seen any staff from Nokia do in quite some time. Took the time out to use plain, straightforward terms that equate to "they are listening".

Impressive.
Except it could be argued that the canaries are already those piles of bones at the bottom of the cage, and that blogs are in reality cats with gasmasks. Nokia is looking a lot like Sony ~7 years ago at the moment.

Last edited by punto; 2010-07-07 at 12:03.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by punto View Post
Nokia is looking a lot like Sony ~7 years ago at the moment.
Isn't that when the iPod slapped down the Walkman?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
The Android armies are marching and growing in numbers. I hope Nokia is paying attention.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
The Android armies are marching and growing in numbers. I hope Nokia is paying attention.
I'll bet that many people are not.

Actually the Discman slapped the Walkman. But either way, slapping was involved.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
And then the Walkman slapped the Discman again. The Walkman still exists as an MP3 player.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I'll bet that many people are not.
Not sure I understood what you meant.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
How much of this is do you think is a result of Nokia's blogger appreciation programs in the past?

Being only a NiT user, I didn't realize that Nokia lent/gave new phones to bloggers before the N900 was announced. After the announcement we then saw a whole bunch of new members here who had blogs. When googling some of these new member names I found posts from some of them in other forums or blogs explaining how to get "free" phones out of Nokia.

Apparently it was pretty simple.

That explained a lot to me regarding the sudden interest in Maemo.

I mention it now because it occurred to me that it has been quite awhile since Nokia announced a new phone and apparently new symbian phones are looked at by them now as brand new 1957 Chevy's

Does anyone know if Nokia's MeeGo devices will be handed out to these bloggers?

I mean, shutting down in protest? Give me a break. If the hits were coming, along with the ad revenue, no one would shut down.

Interest in symbian may have waned but isn't that the job of an enthusiast blogger? To promote interest, get the hits, generate the revenue, and so on...

Their job may have gotten harder now and they may have to actually work for those "free phones", but protest and bite the hand that fed you in the past... please.

If Nokia announced an Android based handset tomorrow, these same folks would enthusiastically jump back into Nokia's bed.

H'm mm, free Android phone. Slurp.

SLN member # 009

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Anssi responded on my blog:

http://tabulacrypticum.wordpress.com...anssi-vanjoki/

Anssi is a brilliant marketeer. Actually, that might've been an understament, he's a genious in selling stuff.

Unfortunately, his new post requires really good understanding of fast moving mobile-technology. I'm not that sure that he is the right person for that position. Then again, Ollila/OPK have really long history in shuffling jobs, and they might know more about this stuff than I do.