Active Topics

Today is the day I post my N900 to a recycling center. The estimate is that I get 48UKP for it.

I feel sad about doing this - but on balance for me it is the right thing to do.

For the last year I've been using a cheap + rom'd ZTE Blade as my main phone. It cost me 80UKP; I was able to unlock it for free and have used it to host my main CTN.

The Blade is worth 2UKP to some of the recyclers - hardly a suprise, but I find I use to far more than I ever did the N900.

I visited a www.carphonewarehouse.com shop a couple of days ago and played with a Samsug Galaxy S II and a Sony Ericson Experia Arc S, but was disappointed. Apart from speed and camera, the experiance didn't feel different enough from my cheap and chearful ZTE Blade. I was surprised.

When there I asked the sales assistant what she thought of the Lumia, she said she didn't like it as you couldn't customise it. She said she normally worked at a busier branch and that since launch they had sold only two; while the S II flew off the shelves.

So, goodbye N900 - thank you for the excellent camera; the tasking; an xterm; the abundant storage; and even for the 48UKP; but most importantly thank you for introducing me to interesting meamo contributors who I now follow on twitter.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jsears For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi jsears,
Is it still in working condition. If yes I'm eager to buy it. Just I need to know if you are willing to sell it.

Thanks.....

Originally Posted by jsears View Post
Today is the day I post my N900 to a recycling center. The estimate is that I get 48UKP for it.

I feel sad about doing this - but on balance for me it is the right thing to do.

For the last year I've been using a cheap + rom'd ZTE Blade as my main phone. It cost me 80UKP; I was able to unlock it for free and have used it to host my main CTN.

The Blade is worth 2UKP to some of the recyclers - hardly a suprise, but I find I use to far more than I ever did the N900.

I visited a www.carphonewarehouse.com shop a couple of days ago and played with a Samsug Galaxy S II and a Sony Ericson Experia Arc S, but was disappointed. Apart from speed and camera, the experiance didn't feel different enough from my cheap and chearful ZTE Blade. I was surprised.

When there I asked the sales assistant what she thought of the Lumia, she said she didn't like it as you couldn't customise it. She said she normally worked at a busier branch and that since launch they had sold only two; while the S II flew off the shelves.

So, goodbye N900 - thank you for the excellent camera; the tasking; an xterm; the abundant storage; and even for the 48UKP; but most importantly thank you for introducing me to interesting meamo contributors who I now follow on twitter.
HolY **** BRO. I WILL GIVE YOU £55 FOR IT.

WTF MAN? There is a VERY finite number of N900s left in circulation. Every time someone returns one to nokia or sends it to its doom with a phone 'recycler' there is one less. Offer to sell it here you nutter, you will get EASILY MORE than £48.

JESUS CHRIST ON FRIDAY. £48? THOSE SONSOF*****ES.

Last edited by vi_; 2011-12-08 at 12:03.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
I raise a cent on whatever the paying you for it

ha ha... nw the post has to be moved to the Buy & Sell forum....

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
DO NOT SEND THIS PHONE AWAY !!!!

Check ebay and look at how much they go for, heck eve if phone is battered you can still get 50+

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
HolY **** BRO. I WILL GIVE YOU £55 FOR IT.

WTF MAN? There is a VERY finite number of N900s left in circulation. Every time someone returns one to nokia or sends it to its doom with a phone 'recycler' there is one less. Offer to sell it here you nutter, you will get EASILY MORE than £48.

JESUS CHRIST ON FRIDAY. £48? THOSE SONSOF*****ES.
Exactly....this is what i've in mind abt the new ceo......

Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by jsears View Post
FFS!

Give yourself a shake man, for a) thinking the Blade is better than the N900 and b) for relieving yourself of you N900 for only forty five quid.

You'll get a ton for it easy. Even if it looks like its been used to wedge a door open for it's entire life.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregoranderson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Are members allowed to use the Buy & Sell section for their first post? If not, I suspect this is a crafty way of putting up the 'for sale' sign.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
A hooker once couldn't find her dildo, so she started using her zte blade as one.

Seriously, the N900 is worth a treasure. I have been thinking a while, leaving the N900 to stay for the coming 10 years and selling it in an auction for $100K as the ancient most enjoyable open source Linux phone!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post: