Notices

Big buttons in new version
Thank you !

The Following User Says Thank You to q6600 For This Useful Post:
i could crack wep using cleven and in xterminal. by installing few scripts. and after that just by typing wepon would start cracking. i am a bif time noob but i still managed to crack wep and could use yamas but still need to learn about yamas bcz i sumtym get stuck. can any1 guide me to crack wpa. plzz. would appreciate this help
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Italy
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
i could crack wep using cleven and in xterminal. by installing few scripts. and after that just by typing wepon would start cracking. i am a bif time noob but i still managed to crack wep and could use yamas but still need to learn about yamas bcz i sumtym get stuck. can any1 guide me to crack wpa. plzz. would appreciate this help
You just can't crack a network protected with WPA as easily as one protected with WEP.
If you're very, but very lucky, you can try with a dictionary attack, else, if you're very, but very patient , you can try a brute force attack.

Thanks, Stefan! when patching up support for Reaver in fAircrack, please use at least v108 (fixes some irritating bugs). Did I understand correctly, that You've tested python-packaging tools I've send you via PM, and You'll be able to put fA into repos just using it? Or, You've discovered other, better methods?

Originally Posted by Mr Wolf View Post
you can try a brute force attack.
+1 on making trisha try bruteforce on wpa2. And, *not* returning here, until attack is successfully finished

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
yes i am patient. in cleven when i tap dictionary der is no dictionary. how to add one? can u just give me the steps i should follow using cleven. wud help. i am ready to wait if dis is so harder. but i want to do it.
BACKUPMENU

have you tryed adding the dictionary file to the cleven directory ie

Code:
/home/user/.cleven/dictionaries
or

Code:
/home/user/.cleven-experimental/dictionaries
depends what version cleven you are using .....

yes i am patient. in cleven when i tap dictionary der is no dictionary. how to add one? can u just give me the steps i should follow using cleven. wud help. i am ready to wait if dis is so harder. but i want to do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to stevomanu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
have you tryed adding the dictionary file to the cleven directory ie

Code:
/home/user/.cleven/dictionaries
or

Code:
/home/user/.cleven-experimental/dictionaries
depends what version cleven you are using .....
i am using the latest cleven. where can i find the dictionary file? the path is there but empty. thanks btw
BACKUPMENU

seens as im in a good mood today i will share a couple with you but you should really do 2 things either search using google or make your own using an app called crunch ......

althou trying to crack WPA on N900 will take you forever and a day i would say use a pc it is much faster althou not 100% garanteed

for more info on crunch go here
http://adaywithtape.blogspot.com/201...runch-v30.html

and for more wordlists check out
http://g0tmi1k.blogspot.com/2011/06/...wordlists.html

Names

WPA

argun others

just place the files in directory and give it ago .......

i am using the latest cleven. where can i find the dictionary file? the path is there but empty. thanks btw

Last edited by stevomanu; 2012-01-24 at 08:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to stevomanu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Thanks, Stefan! when patching up support for Reaver in fAircrack, please use at least v108 (fixes some irritating bugs). Did I understand correctly, that You've tested python-packaging tools I've send you via PM, and You'll be able to put fA into repos just using it? Or, You've discovered other, better methods?
/Estel
Estel, I like your optimism , but frankly all I have committed to sofar is to release V0.50 via repos (ie. I still have two more releases before that will come through this forum thread). Seriously though, I have not yet had time to look into the packaging deal, but since you and everybody else is doing it, it shouldn't be too hard, and I am sure I will get plenty of help when needed.

In terms of reaper, I am waiting to have somebody in the reaper thread provide me a compiled version of 1.4 for testing (didn't see one when I checked yesterday after it was released), which I will then probably include in the program soon. Any luck with achieving anything with reaper in a reasonable amount of time? My initial testing showed it would be an excercise of days, which is not really all that attractive; most people, I am guessing, will want to see results within a two hour timespan.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StefanL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
Check this link to get you started with some wordlists / dictionaries.

Tags
aircrack, aircrack-ng, epicfacepalm, pen testing, rtfm dude!