Active Topics

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Got an interesting experiment going: non technical busy women now pushed to Sailfish.

My better half's Samsung Note2 broke down (some call it "sudden death syndrome", I call it built in obsolescence, thanks Samsung)
After a week with a Nokia E71, she happily accepted my Jolla.

She is not an app junk, only wants functionality she needs for work. So I had to find a solution for Skype and SIP with biggest priority.

Later there might come requests for Exchange server connection.

The biggest let down is that SIP is not yet integrated into Sailfish accounts and calling UI after almost 2 years.

CSIPSimple for Android works and needs allowance of "Android app background notifications" per application setting.

Happy to see the progress as CSIPSimple simply did not work during the days I have been testing it end of 2013 early 2014.

SIP call quality over Wifi using this program was very good.

Skype works but needs enabling of "allow Androids apps to access contacts" global setting, which is a bit of an unwanted security breach since MS will surely suck that address book to their severs.

Sailfish user interface seems to be no problem to adapt to coming form an old 2012 Android version.

Now waiting to see if any complaint about missing calls due to low volume or people simple not capable to reach the phone (happened to me twice)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
I'm currently experiencing problems with my Jolla account. For some reason I got logged off on my phone and the account didn't want to activate again.
I checked the account on: https://account.jolla.com/registration/login/
I could login and everything seemed ok.

So I send Jolla caredesk a message. They replied that they checked my account and everything should be ok and that I should read the information on: https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...test-OS-update
before logging into my phone (oh, and they advised a reboot before logging into my phone again).
So before logging into my phone again I read the article which suggests to check your account on a PC via: https://account.jolla.com/registration/login

So I tried it but I couldn't login this time. I clicked the 'Forgot password' link and received an email with a link and a reminder about my username.

However it wasn't my username they send but a username from somebody else.

Anybody else currently experiencing problems with accounts? Because I think Jolla has got some DB issues to solve.

The Following User Says Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by n900user259 View Post
Anybody else currently experiencing problems with accounts? Because I think Jolla has got some DB issues to solve.
After the latest update (to 1.1.7.27 from 1.1.7.25) the device told me to set up login again in accounts when I first opened the store after the update.

I assumed this was OK and needed because there were some changes to both store client and the store server backend in the latest release.

I just relogged on, and that was it. No problems.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I had the same behaviour as juiceme. BUT being still on 1.1.6.xx.
Just once entering password and good to go ...
No idea why that was needed!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
I'm currently experiencing problems with my Jolla account.
Yes same here, with latest update.
Forgot there was an account there - never needed it as far as I know, or is it linked to the Flatr payment system as well?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Yes same here, with latest update.
Forgot there was an account there - never needed it as far as I know, or is it linked to the Flatr payment system as well?
Most of the time you indeed do not even need to remember that you have a Jolla account, but it needs to be set or else you cannot load anything from the store

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Most of the time you indeed do not even need to remember that you have a Jolla account, but it needs to be set or else you cannot load anything from the store
Understood you need it to download applications, also to comment on applications,

but if you forget the password or suspected DB trouble happens, like today, creating a new account does not set the user back, does it?

It is even better to create a new account now and then to evade tracking.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Does jolla have Qualcomm DIAG kernel driver (DIAG_CHAR)?

Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Does jolla have Qualcomm DIAG kernel driver (DIAG_CHAR)?
This?
Code:
# grep DIAG_CHAR config 
CONFIG_DIAG_CHAR=y

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
This?
Code:
# grep DIAG_CHAR config 
CONFIG_DIAG_CHAR=y
Probably yeah, also could you please 'ls -la /dev/diag'?

PS I'm asking since SnoopSnitch on Android uses it, so I'm just asking if Jolla enables it - waiting for J2

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience