Active Topics

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
Mid-2012 ?! They'd better hurry up and deliver it a LOT faster. Symbian is OLD and by waiting for another 6 months for a REAL update (because Belle is the real-deal here) they'd just lose more and more.

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by geojoking View Post
Mid-2012 ?! They'd better hurry up and deliver it a LOT faster. Symbian is OLD and by waiting for another 6 months for a REAL update (because Belle is the real-deal here) they'd just lose more and more.
I hope it's before 21/12/2012 then, or we're gonna leave Earth with a really bad picture of NOKIA, people would start saying real bad words about it while in hell XD

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Does anyone know if Symbian Anna update is available for the USA market?

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
I wonder how this will turn out. Accenture starts to handle Symbian this month or the next. Maybe we will never see Belle.

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Its buttery smooth.
The animations are top-notch.
A real Android competitor (still not enough against iOS).

See video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZePe...ayer_embedded#!
That video is pretty impressive, looks a ton better than the old ugly symbian gui. Belle looks to be better than harmattan but that was expected as Nokia spent the last three years or so developing it. Also now as both symbian and meego run qt succes for symbian is good for meego too.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
I wonder how this will turn out. Accenture starts to handle Symbian this month or the next. Maybe we will never see Belle.
Oh come on, the fud level in your post is beyond what can be put in words. Just go and install belle instead of just whine, you know you want to.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Originally Posted by kevloral View Post
Belle countdown:

http://facebookapps.nokia.com/someth...dex.php?teaser
How much is left on the countdown? I`m stuck at work, can't check FB.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Nokia time:

Real time:

My website

GitHub

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland

The Following User Says Thank You to bbin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by bbin View Post
Event now live:
http://conversations.nokia.com/symbi...kong2011#page1
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/...re_update_.php

No indication when Belle will be available as an update to Symbian Anna (half the world is still waiting for that one!), but nice to know that Nokia haven't given up on their own OS just yet.

Tags
bada rox, belle rox, firmware, leaked, symbian belle