Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
fwiw the cases reported here were pre-production devices. This problem was addressed in the final sales devices.
Thanks for the info qgil (I never had the feeling that the micro usb port looks cheap.)

After waiting for more than three months to get my hands on the device and beeing a bit upset about Nokias customer relation ship handling I must say that I am very impressed with the device, love the things I can do with it and well, yes, congrats on Maemo teams great work (now I realized that waiting for soooo loooong was in the end OK).

Cheers,
Nek

fwiw the cases reported here were pre-production devices. This problem was addressed in the final sales devices.
This is most reassuring, thanks for posting.

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
Thanks qgil. This puts my mind at ease. Being a skeptic I am going to follow the issue closely a little as time goes on, but to know that it was actually thought about (and presumably tested to failure) does make a difference. Being an early adopter does carry some risks, to be sure. Thanks again.

Thor

Ummm, my unit was ordered on Dec. 9th from newegg.com, after their "2nd shipment" sold out.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
thanks bud, thats really good to know!

Ditto, even though I've had to unplug mine 2 or 3 times to get the computer to see it.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by ny900 View Post
Ditto, even though I've had to unplug mine 2 or 3 times to get the computer to see it.
yes i get that too, but it seems to be a software glitch not hardware...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
Ummm, my unit was ordered on Dec. 9th from newegg.com, after their "2nd shipment" sold out.
This doesn't seem to be isolated to pre-production ones. Case in point ^^

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
Good to know, our companies pre-production (first manufacturing run) device just lost it's USB connectivity to a bump in the road at an inopportune time on the way back from a show.

The connector on my production unit feels stronger to me, but thats a totally subjective assessment. Keyboard has a better feel to it as well

Any possibility we could get some clarification/reassuring on how the durability was improved here?

The Following User Says Thank You to go1dfish For This Useful Post:
Is that (one of0 the reason(s) for the initial delay?

Also, how does the mounting of the micro-usb on the N900 compare to that on the N810?

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty