Posts: 109 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Guatemala
New release 0.3.2:

Originally Posted by jogorman View Post
Just an update. I am still having issues with cookies not working. I got a chance to hook up logcat while trying to log into various web services. No output is captured. I also tried to disable then re-enable cookies while attached to logcat, and nothing was reported there either, which I found curious with how verbose this can be.
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
... the cookies don't work for some reason.
Fixed. Thx to BrentDC for pointing me to the HTC-Vogue Android port, they don't post sources but with some directions I found the problem, it seems an accidental bug by Google.

Originally Posted by rasmithuk View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this but I think the touch screen pressure code is backwards (or google picked an odd way to represent it).
If you go to 'Dev Tools' > 'Pointer Location' the current pressure is displayed at the top of the screen. Now I'm assuming that this is scaled from 0 to 1 with 1 being as higher force as possible. However on my n800 the harder I push the closer to 0 the value goes.
This does explain why the on-screen keyboard is a bit odd to use with multiple key presses being detected for no reason. I'm guessing the pressure calibration code still needs tweaking.
Fixed. The touchscreen driver reports the pressure value backwards. Thx to stelleg151 for helping me with the math. This change requires a kernel upgrade (zImage-nitdroid-2.6.28_n8x0-3).

Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
What are the plans for audio? I know you have it turned off for now. Is there any way any of us can help you out with implementing sound? Maybe doing some research for you, etc?
Yes, audio is turned off for now as for N800 is b0rked in latest kernels, I'm working in the IRC channel with some N800 owners testing driver fixes for latest kernels but no luck so far. N810 driver is ok but I can't get any sound output from within Android. For this release I put alsa-utils so ppl who want to help with sound could try from the command line with aplay, amixer, alsactl and alsacap. Too there is a /system/etc/asound.conf file that it's used by Android, I build it with help of alsactl output but probably it needs some mods to work.

For bluetooth I need a small kernel patch required by Android that I'm working though I have to test it well.

Thx to all ppl in the #NITdroid channel that have helped me testing stuff!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solca For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Fort Gratiot, Michigan
Originally Posted by solca View Post
I'm working in the IRC channel with some N800 owners testing driver fixes for latest kernels but no luck so far
Oh hai, lol

Originally Posted by solca View Post
Fixed. The touchscreen driver reports the pressure value backwards. Thx to stelleg151 for helping me with the math. This change requires a kernel upgrade (zImage-nitdroid-2.6.28_n8x0-3).
Last I checked the touch screen doesn't quite map to stylus correctly. It's close, but there the precision gets off closer to the edges of the screen.

Applied the latest version, and I have to say it is working like a chap now. Web browser cookie issue is gone, and I have to say that is a big help for me. Thanks!

I was able to boot it up, hop online and start screwing around with no problem at all.

Only issue I am noticing now is the calibration issue.

With the state it is in now, I will be attempting to use this on a daily basis to see if anything big shakes out. Of course I notice little things here and there that would be nice, but overall this is very very nice.

Thanks
Jim

Just out of curiosity, I ran the emulator with only 64mb of ram and no swap, and it ran just fine, so I'm wondering if the instability on the n770 isn't for other reasons?

The Following User Says Thank You to stelleg151 For This Useful Post:
Newbie question... I used the nitdroid_complete.sh script (thanks jakemaheu). It went fine all the way to "cleanup complete". I got the R&D mode screen, unplugged the USB, got the black screen and then got the NITDROID logo, but it got stuck there.

I tried doing the whole thing over again but still - no luck.

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by macit View Post
Newbie question... I used the nitdroid_complete.sh script (thanks jakemaheu). It went fine all the way to "cleanup complete". I got the R&D mode screen, unplugged the USB, got the black screen and then got the NITDROID logo, but it got stuck there.

I tried doing the whole thing over again but still - no luck.

Any ideas?
Are you sure you're waiting long enough? It takes quite a bit of time for the first startup to complete.

Tried android myself on a N800, I have to say: impressive! Gives the N8*0 a whole new future.

Thanks to everyone who worked on this, great work!

The Following User Says Thank You to whouweling For This Useful Post:
Anyone have issues with charging? Mine doesn't seem to work. It just heats up but the battery never seems to re-charge.

Originally Posted by whouweling View Post
Are you sure you're waiting long enough? It takes quite a bit of time for the first startup to complete.
I waited about 10 minutes or so.
I will give it some more time...

Thanks!

Waiting more than hour now... I guess there is something wrong with it.
Please help as I'm really anxious to see it working.

Thanks.

Tags
android, nitdroid