Thanks volt

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I don't think you guys get it. Nokia was successful before real competition showed up. Once android and iOS showed up, Nokia became history. History.
In Q3 2007, the first full quarter after the iPhone was released, NOKIA sold 15.9 million smartphones. In Q4 2010, the last full quarter before Elop publicly EOLed Symbian, NOKIA sold 28.3 million smartphones.

Far from your fantasy of the 'real competition' destroying Symbian sales the reality is the sales of NOKIA's Symbian devices nearly doubled and that's despite the fact the N8, the first half-decent hardware NOKIA had given Symbian in a very long time, wasn't released until the very end of that time frame.

They knew since 2007 that they had to convert Symbian to touch phone, and they couldn't do it.
Symbian has had touch support since the days it was called EPOC and appeared on Psion Series 7 devices

Sometimes you got to look deep inside yourself and decide what am I good at it.
I think you should take your own advice, I'm sure you must be good at something but it's certainly not astroturfing.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
In Q3 2007, the first full quarter after the iPhone was released, NOKIA sold 15.9 million smartphones. In Q4 2010, the last full quarter before Elop publicly EOLed Symbian, NOKIA sold 28.3 million smartphones.

Far from your fantasy of the 'real competition' destroying Symbian sales the reality is the sales of NOKIA's Symbian devices nearly doubled and that's despite the fact the N8, the first half-decent hardware NOKIA had given Symbian in a very long time, wasn't released until the very end of that time frame.

Symbian has had touch support since the days it was called EPOC and appeared on Psion Series 7 devices

I think you should take your own advice, I'm sure you must be good at something but it's certainly not astroturfing.
We got a resident Symbian apologist here. Even a dead horse, will carry some forward momentum. You clearly dont understand what was going on and that is why NOKIA didnt ask you to be a CEO.

In 2008, after iphone has shown popularity, NOKIA execs were talking to Stanley Morgan execs, including people I knew, depressed and knowing that their game is over. They could increase sales by lowering the prices on their phones, and selling them on the markets where android and iphone penetration was small. But they knew that the game can only be played for a few years before they lost it completely. And the amazing thing was they didnt know what to do.

N8 is the worst ABOMINATION of a smart phone. I couldnt believe that they could sell it like that, when I first got it. That pretty much killed Symbian even in poor countries, as the subsequent arrival of much better iOS and Androids showed how far superior they were to N8.

This is a case where sales numbers belie what was brewing underneath. You have to plan your move well ahead of time. NOKI waited till the end before making their move. Its costing them now a lot.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
You may not agree, but Apple is one such device. And extremely successful.
Apple is actually not a device but a company.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
stop feed the troll!!

You clearly dont understand what was going on and that is why NOKIA didnt ask you to be a CEO.
Oh I understood perfectly what was happening, from the moment Elop 'leaked' his burning platform memo I knew NOKIA was about to be screwed over. I knew he was going to kill the most successful smartphone OS on the planet and the most exciting new OS on the smartphone horizon and replace them with the proven failure from the company he held millions of dollars of shares in.

If NOKIA had've asked me to be CEO they would still have control of all their IPR, they wouldn't have all their eggs in one basket, they would always have a plan B and I wouldn't replace dissenting voices with 4r53-lickers.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
Oh I understood perfectly what was happening, from the moment Elop 'leaked' his burning platform memo I knew NOKIA was about to be screwed over. I knew he was going to kill the most successful smartphone OS on the planet and the most exciting new OS on the smartphone horizon and replace them with the proven failure from the company he held millions of dollars of shares in.

If NOKIA had've asked me to be CEO they would still have control of all their IPR, they wouldn't have all their eggs in one basket, they would always have a plan B and I wouldn't replace dissenting voices with 4r53-lickers.
You just qualified yourself for the competition: Who is the most deluded Symbian fan.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Even a dead horse, will carry some forward momentum.
NOBODY says that phrase and it's already a hilariously stupid thing to say. To the others that keep replying, please listen to Mike and halt--you're not debating with intelligence here, you're debating against a person who just opened his reply with the idea that a dead horse can get up and shuffle off. I don't mind seeing what he says but please stop pretending it's worthy of back-and-forth discussion.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Lumiman: just look at my horse my horse is amazing.

The horse is not complete dead, so as long as it breathing the horse has a chance to survive.

Don't take it for dead until it's dead. Just look at the horse the horse is amazing!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Stop feeding the troll.

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha