Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Would like to see a galaxy S4 with sailfish.

Hopefully some information comes from tomorrow's dev event. Tizen must be ready soon...
pls dont say samgsumg pls
i dont know why i have inbuild hatred for it:
just have a look at their pcbs damm bullshi* screwed enough to be in dustbin at the first instance somthing goes wrong .
I would like too see it in 950 thats the most awsome to me at the moment
of cource more the devices better the devlopment

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
pls dont say samgsumg pls
i dont know why i have inbuild hatred for it:
just have a look at their pcbs damm bullshi* screwed enough to be in dustbin at the first instance somthing goes wrong .
I would like too see it in 950 thats the most awsome to me at the moment
of cource more the devices better the devlopment
N950 looks nice, but the screen is beyond bad so the current n950 is nothing I would cheer about for a device for the future. That said an upgraded n950 or a galaxy with keyboard would be the best. But we won't see that so a five inch screen with big battery would be cool.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Ri8 dave the n950s screen is nothing compared to s4
it looks pale btw the form factor affects many

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyone living in SF and attending Tizen developer conference?

I can't find a live stream. How disappointing

New dev tools for the dev conf at San Francisco...
http://tizentalk.com/2013/05/tizen-d...3-04-released/

plus an additional player for tizen:
http://www.blinkx.com/tizen

QT5 five in Tizen: Very cool UI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GSzLDkNLkeE

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-05-22 at 17:18.

Time for tizen to launch soon. It seems like that: http://www.sammobile.com/2013/05/22/...ublic-release/

It's a race between sailfish and tizen. Jolla in the lead Atm, but will the reaching finish line first?

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-05-23 at 06:13.

Don't you mean a race between BBX, Tizen, FirefoxOS, Jolla, Ubuntu for Phone, webOS ?

I've listed them in order of who's ahead of the race (Blackberry) and who's dragging its heals (LG and its potential webOS phone).

I'm flattered

Last edited by Kangal; 2013-05-24 at 06:44.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Don't you mean a race between BBX, Tizen, FirefoxOS, Jolla, webOS ?
I've listed them in order of who's ahead of the race (Blackberry) and who's dragging its heals (LG and its potential webOS phone).
Not OpenWebOS, it doesn't have any serious commercial backing*, it's basically just a F/OSS project, that may or may not change in the coming mths.
And BBX is really battling it out with WP... Tizen, FFOS, Sailfish, & Ubuntu aren't really any threat just yet...

*only rumors/speculations at this point

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-05-24 at 06:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Don't you mean a race between BBX, Tizen, FirefoxOS, Jolla, Ubuntu for Phone, webOS ?

The whole FirefoxOS thing has come far too early as the concept of HTML5 as an app won't be viable for years.

Ubuntu on phones amounts to nothing so far. You can't even make a call or send a text through their OS. Considering how much trouble it has been for Jolla (who know their ***** in making a mobile OS and already had most of the core already written) - I think it's just crazy that Ubuntu are even trying to compete in this area.

webOS is neat, but it is owned by LG who don't appear to have any interest in using it to make a phone. It is a dead platform.

BB10 is of course out now, but it doesn't really interest me as it doesn't provide the same Linux-type experience that Maemo/Meego does. It appears to be targeting Android market.

Tizen is the unknown, although I suspect they will go down the same route as Blackberry and lock down all the goodies that we were used to in Maemo/Meego.

At this moment and time, Jolla is still the closest thing to a N900/N9 successor. That is why I have put my money on the table and have pre-ordered.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:

Tags
clunky, death rules, mike_tizen, titzen, tizen == kebab, tizen rules, tizen_day, tjamtjung, yet still sucks, zen and tizen