Active Topics

Notices

Hi, i just updated my wazaap from 0.18 to 0.24. before i want to ask something i want to say to tgalal for making this apps exist for n9 user and thanks for anyone that involved in this project as well.

Anyway i got a problem now, i just updated my wazapp but now it just appears a loading page and close suddenly after a while. i wonder if i did something wrong or not.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by kevincostan View Post
Hi, i just updated my wazaap from 0.18 to 0.24. before i want to ask something i want to say to tgalal for making this apps exist for n9 user and thanks for anyone that involved in this project as well.

Anyway i got a problem now, i just updated my wazapp but now it just appears a loading page and close suddenly after a while. i wonder if i did something wrong or not.
did you try to reboot the phone and luch the app ?

The Following User Says Thank You to ADRENALINE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Mexico City
Hi! this is my first post after been reading for a looooooooooong time ago...

I can't sleep, so I've tried to change the Conversation.qml file to mimic the default messages inputfield, but it is seems like I'm having problems hehe... I need to do a little hardcode with a textedit, It looks cool, but don't works yet, the messages aren't sending and the bubbles don't appear, but I'm doing what I can do :P

I'm going to sleep now, hope to make it work well tomorrow...

The Following User Says Thank You to McPollo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Finland
Where can I find my conversation history(chat log)? Wazapp doesn't show all of the conversation lines, it only shows the most recent conversation I have had with my buddies.

Last edited by rantakemisti; 2012-05-21 at 11:26.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Eindhoven Area, the Netherlands
@tgalal
You did a good job anyway!

I might start to use whatsapp for the first time ever.... I never did because of the ugly privacy issues.

@tgalal or others

Does this fork records the same private info out of, let's say the webbrowser, as the regular app? And if so, will it be send to whatsapp servers? Or is this all nicely left out?

Below is the part from the whatsapp service agreement which I don't like at all. (and is simply illegal in Europe)

"When you use the WhatsApp Sites or Services, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. When you use the WhatsApp Software, our servers automatically record certain information that our WhatsApp Software sends whenever you update or request any status information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, your phone number, phone number you are requesting the status of and various status information."

Thank you!

The Following User Says Thank You to Industreality For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Industreality View Post
@tgalal
You did a good job anyway!

I might start to use whatsapp for the first time ever.... I never did because of the ugly privacy issues.

@tgalal or others

Does this fork records the same private info out of, let's say the webbrowser, as the regular app? And if so, will it be send to whatsapp servers? Or is this all nicely left out?

Below is the part from the whatsapp service agreement which I don't like at all. (and is simply illegal in Europe)

"When you use the WhatsApp Sites or Services, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. When you use the WhatsApp Software, our servers automatically record certain information that our WhatsApp Software sends whenever you update or request any status information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, your phone number, phone number you are requesting the status of and various status information."

Thank you!
O.o ... EULAs can sometimes get ridiculously funny, like oh I don't know, not using iTunes to create missiles... What do they think we will do, make it play Beyonce?? Download an App to remote control?? Geez...
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-ridi...lauses-agreed/
Answering your question I am sure Tgalal has not implemented a whole browser sniffer inside Wazapp as, as far as I know, it was coded from scratch unlike other ports based from Symbian code. I hope I am right, correct me if otherwise but it will leave me a little uneasy

Originally Posted by ADRENALINE View Post
LOL maybe your country should have thought of that before going into war in that region with all your neighbors and especially since the developer himself is from Egypt

EDIT:Try installing previous version v0.1.8 and register then upgrade back to the current version
Political issues will remain no matter what. If there is a Palestine option, that might give the Israeli country code - I have not tried so cannot be sure.

HELP NEEDED!
GUYS!!! HUGE PROBLEM!!!

The application was working properly until 0.2.
The only (but important) problem was that I could register only if I was using for the country code 004 instead of +44. So I was including the other 4 before my mobile number. Using this way, my friends see me as +0044xxxxxxxx instead of +44xxxxxxx. That's the reason they don't see my name.

TODAY I installed the 0.2.4 after deleting the account because I thought that the country list update could solve the problem.
But, I cannot register because the I cannot modify the country code.
I tried with another UK mobile and the registration was successful.
So, the problem is with my number. I would like to know If I could be deleted from the Whatsapp server and re-register with the correct format.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Last edited by jim_cos; 2012-05-21 at 13:15.

Originally Posted by ADRENALINE View Post
did you try to reboot the phone and luch the app ?
hi mate .. it works now .. thanks a lot for ur guidance

i have to uninstall 0.2 to install 0.2.4 and all my stuff is still there. Contact and all...

thanks to the good people that created wazapp! kudos...

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp