Notices

Can't login either (but: didn't get this encryption entry).

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Nairobi, Kenya
Would it have been possible to have IM accounts indicate when my friend is typing a message or better show what they are typing before they send a message? It would be more lively/interactive that way.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Potomac,Maryland
Can't login to aim,skype or Yahoo....

Took the update released a few days ago and now AOL IM stopped working giving the error "network error". Tried a few diffferent servers and ports with no luck. Uninstalled and reinstalled...no change. Yahoo IM still works fine. Read in old posts/articles about downgrading libpurple, but not sure if I should try it since it's old info (new PR since then, who knows how many pidgin protocol revisions, etc)

Any ideas?

same here, i can no longer login to AIM.

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Can't login to aim,skype or Yahoo....
Diddo, What's the latest? Highly annoyed right now.

Anyone know the bug tracking link to inform of this broken update?
"Eventually, the Internet will be Google, but while they keep churning out the goodies, the actual change-over in ownership will probably pass us by. There are none so blind as those that will not see...." - Sebastian Anthony

I can't login to Aim, Yahoo or icq. Anyone tried any new settings that worked for either of those accounts?

FYI, downgrading libpurple fixed my problem. AOL and Yahoo IM both working normally now.

http://www.contentwithstyle.co.uk/co...th-aim-and-icq

I don't use any others (besides built-in Skype) so can't speak for anything else.

The Following User Says Thank You to jw461 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jw461 View Post
FYI, downgrading libpurple fixed my problem. AOL and Yahoo IM both working normally now.

http://www.contentwithstyle.co.uk/co...th-aim-and-icq

I don't use any others (besides built-in Skype) so can't speak for anything else.
Thanks for advice jw461, tried downgrading but it didn't work. What worked in the end was enabling Extra Devel Repository in Application Manager. It had a Pidgin update that fixed my log-in problems with AIM & Yahoo, but sadly ICQ still isn't logging in for me.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
i have many annoying problems with msn.
it connects but the problem is that for some of my friends i'm not available even if i'm online.i can't send them offline messages too.
anyone the same problem?
i'm using the msn pecan plugin

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Tags
aim, client, facebook, fremantle, fring, googletalk, haze, icq, implementing msn, instant message, instant messaging, jabber, maemo, maemo 5, msn, pidgin, purple, sametime, skype, telepathy, y!m, yahoo