Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I've been told by some testers that (leaked) firmware V20.2010.31-7 has portrait mode.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
I've been told by some testers that (leaked) firmware V20.2010.31-7 has portrait mode.
So far from all the Chinese forums I've visited they're reported (about V20.2010.31-7) A)Decreased Stability, B)SMS woes, and C)Chinese input still works. Otherwise, 95% of all posts are just simply posts begging for the firmware/change list. I'm not sure if I'd believe that portrait is enabled.

The Following User Says Thank You to rickysio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
i believe maemo 5 will support portrait. the new keyboard layout introduced in pr1.2 is redesigned for future enhancements, thus it will welcome portrait mode keyboard just like in Opera.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
can u confirm that ? i mean did u got it from someone inside nokia ?

Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
So far from all the Chinese forums I've visited they're reported (about V20.2010.31-7) A)Decreased Stability, B)SMS woes, and C)Chinese input still works. Otherwise, 95% of all posts are just simply posts begging for the firmware/change list.
I'm not sure if I'd believe that portrait is enabled.
Normally we expect them to give feedbacks for being testers. They're not begging for change. They're doing their job. ^^

It's an unofficial/pre-release/leaked firmware anyway, so it's normal for hitting bugs there. I'd not want Nokia released firmware loaded with bugs and forced normal users 'begging for change'.

Last edited by 9000; 2010-09-25 at 09:41.

Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
can u confirm that ? i mean did u got it from someone inside nokia ?
No...I'm not one of the testers but I'll ask them to post some screenshot and repost here later.

As the OP and others pointed out portrait mode is hidden in N900, it's just not becoming a feature yet.

Last edited by 9000; 2010-09-25 at 09:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Normally we expect them to give feedbacks for being testers. They're not begging for change. They're doing their job. ^^

It's an unofficial/pre-release/leaked firmware anyway, so it's normal for hitting bugs there. I'd not want Nokia released firmware loaded with bugs and forced normal users 'begging for change'.
Nonono, it's people reporting their experience about the new firmware, followed by 95% of the posts from non-testers begging for a link to download the firmware. The beggers are not testers.

And I think you misunderstood what I meant by begging, anyway!