Active Topics

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
The Jolla should work on tmobile. Not sure about 4G though.
tmobile frequency bands:

Jolla supported bands:
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
4G LTE** (Works on 6 continents)

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by G66J View Post
What bugs does the email app have? Are they rudimentary that affect daily use of the app or more quirky and less intrusive?
It works OK for me, at least as I am using IMAP mail, I do not know about if you have MfE account or something like that.
What I think the complaint about "bugs" is, is the feature that the reply-editor is about worst I have ever used, you cannot edit the mail you are replying to, only add your reply in the top of it.
Otherwice it works OK for me.

Has Wasn't a 3rd party mail app ever developed by the community or developer that we could substitute?
I have not seen anybody port a better email client, altough it propably would be possible. (never did anything with mail clients myself...)

I assume Firefox isn't updated for Harmatten any more either.
Actually that is a community effort so there's nothing why it should not be updated. There are 2 different versions that I know of, a full-blown firefox which is really slow and a light implementation which is real snappy but it might miss some functionality.

it's a shame that Nokia didn't release the sources once they decided to abandon the OS. It would have been a great gesture.
I'd say there is no financial incentive to do so...

Originally Posted by DJJonosound View Post
The Jolla should work on tmobile. Not sure about 4G though.
tmobile frequency bands:
http://i.imgur.com/gmLzZ8Z.png
Jolla supported bands:
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
4G LTE** (Works on 6 continents)
The 2013 Jolla phone only works on 2G/EDGE on T-Mobile usa, you will not get 3G, "4G" or LTE.

1700 AND 2100 are required together, or 850 or 1900mhz to be able to access their HSPDA network.

G66J, I'm unsure if this affects you but since you use multiple email accounts, I should mention that (to the best of my knowledge) it's not possible to copy or paste text with the stock email client.

Last edited by eviloar; 2013-12-31 at 07:24.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
What bugs does the email app have? Are they rudimentary that affect daily use of the app or more quirky and less intrusive? Has Wasn't a 3rd party mail app ever developed by the community or developer that we could substitute? I assume Firefox isn't updated for Harmatten any more either. it's a shame that Nokia didn't release the sources once they decided to abandon the OS. It would have been a great gesture.
Yes, it's the little things....

you can't select text, click links,... in some situations. There are work-arounds but it is not what I expect from a perfect mail client..... But it works just fine for me in daily life....

There is/was a promising looking replacement once called trojita but afaik it's not under active development any more.

As far as the browser goes - let's just say, it's old.... and you really notice that some times (flash plugin is pretty outdated....)

Firefox for the N9 is kind of a joke and Meefox is kinda nice but hasn't been updated for some time now...

However UI design and handling are amazing and the Community is just the best, even if the number of active members is going down

Last edited by mcbook; 2013-12-31 at 10:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
Thanks for all the info guys.

I'm really torn about getting the N9. Some of the issues or short comings with the email client may just become too frustrating for me in daily use. I use email a lot for business and the lack of cut & paste or the ability to edit replied to or forwarded messages would become tedious I think.

A real shame, as I think I may need to pass on the N9

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Corfe Castle, Dorset, UK
Z10 instead? Or perhaps a Q10 if you want a hardware keyboard

Go for sailfish then!

It's a new company and they can't afford to neglect such issues because their sales very much depend on their good image

I wouldn't go for a BB though! Next to no support there and imho they are circling the drain....

Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
Go for sailfish then!

It's a new company and they can't afford to neglect such issues because their sales very much depend on their good image

I wouldn't go for a BB though! Next to no support there and imho they are circling the drain....
I would but Jolla doesn't work in the US and Sailfish on the N9 is still pretty experimental and not suitable for daily use.

Wikipedia tells me that t-mobile us uses GSM !?

wouldn't that work with the other half?

No because Jolla doesn't support the 1900 band. Eviloar above has a Jolla in the US and only gets 2G with it. See his post.