hi all,

i don't know why, but it's now 2 days that something strange happens with my contacts.
after opening sms or mail app, the first thing is insert contact. i insert, let's say, 3 letters and the "search" function opens up, matching my contacts with those 3 letters.. and here lays the problem: the contacts shown are doubled!

i.e.:
3 letters: "joh"

in contacts i have: john, johnes, joha, johhu

in "search" (not sys-wide search app) i now see the following:
john
johnes
joha
johhu
john
johnes
joha
johhu

it should show me just the first 4, but as you can see, i see them twice.
double checked my online list on gmail, which i'm syncing -> no double contacts in there.
re-synced all contacts, but still the same behaviour.
did also a clear device, same result.

some ideas?

thanx all,
cheers,
no_nuke

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
just merge the contacts. it could be that nokia account sync and gmail sync have conflicted and created duplicate contacts. merging the contacts would solve the problem once and for all.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
just merge the contacts. it could be that nokia account sync and gmail sync have conflicted and created duplicate contacts. merging the contacts would solve the problem once and for all.
hi,

thanks for your response.

the problem is, there are no contacts to merge. in the contact app there are no duplicate entries. every contact is a single record.

the "duplicate" names just happen, when i type a name in the "To: " field (sms and mail app).
it is in the next step, where i have duplicate entries. after typing a name, you get to the black screen, where you choose the contact you want (think of your contacts beeing: John A, John B, John C).

in that very list i should see:
John A
John B
John C

and not (this is my view now):
John A
John B
John C
John A
John B
John C

cheers,