When I am logged into skype and msn from my mobile I usually have it set to show my location in the status message, it has never been very reliable but it has always shown something - even if it was wrong. People could easily tell that I was logged in from my mobile then.

The last few weeks it hasn't set my status at all. When I sign in to skype the location icon will show up in the staus bar and say it has coarse accuracy (or fine if I am running some map software at the same time) but it never updates my status even if I change between street level and city level.

I even tried reflashing my phone and the only thing I installed was cssu testing but it still didn't work. Does anyone have any idea where I should be looking to try and fix this problem? I don't even know which program is responsible for updating my status message. The fact that it gets a gps lock when I sign in to skype shows it is at least trying, it just doesn't bother to do anything after.

Yes, For me too, don't work "Show my location" on my N900.

same thing here :-(

Strangely this started working again today, but it wasn't a couple of weeks because I had tested it then. I don't know what could have "fixed" it, the only things I have updated or installed since then are yappari, opera 12 and modrana. But, I also installed minigpsd for some reason (I forget why) and then uninstalled it when I realised it wasn't what I wanted.

So, maybe installing and then removing minigpsd fixed something? but that doesn't make sense since I have reflashed before and even that didn't fix the location problem.