Posts: 73 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Philippines
Hi there everyone! My phone is experiencing a weird problem right now. Everytime I use the video recorder, my phone will take a video for a minute or two then sometimes it will crash, it exits automatically and most often times my phone will reboot. In addition, the clip recorded is nowhere to be found as if you haven't recorded anything. I then tried to play some of the video clips I've recorded successfully but same thing happens, it sometimes crashes, it exits automatically and most often my phone will restart. What I've installed previously are these app

Fastern9 1.0.1 (Stable)
OPPtimerzer (1150 + default voltage)
N9QTweak 9.5.1 (Latest version)

What do you think should I do? Anyway, I reset my phone back to default, so now the phone is in default mhz and voltage with OPPtimizer installed. Still have fastern9 and haven't done any tweak with n9qtweak. Please help me because I want to take videos this season and also to show to my friends the videos I've recorded. I hope that some will hear my humble request. Thank you all in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to Travz03 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Try uninstalling fastern9 and reboot; also if you have pcam installed remove that and give it a reboot to see how things go...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
go back to 1000Mhz, or you might just have damaged your cpu on overclocking, then your crashes will continue, even if you uninstall all the tweaks.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Try uninstalling fastern9 and reboot; also if you have pcam installed remove that and give it a reboot to see how things go...
I tried to look for pcam but I can't find it. I am aware that I installed it before. I tried to look for it using dpkg -l | grep APP_NAME but no luck.

Originally Posted by Travz03 View Post
I tried to look for pcam but I can't find it. I am aware that I installed it before. I tried to look for it using dpkg -l | grep APP_NAME but no luck.
Code:
~# dpkg -l | grep rawcam
ii  rawcam

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Code:
~# dpkg -l | grep rawcam
ii  rawcam
After the code it went to ~#, so it means it was removed after I uninstalled all tweaks from N9qtweak and uninstalled fastern9. Should I uninstall OPPtimizer instead?

I've just done overclocking once @1150mhz and default voltage.

yup try stock clock speed too...

also try re-installing camera packages to see if they help:

Code:
apt-get install camera-ui camera-ui-settings-001 libqcamera1 --reinstall

yup try stock clock speed too...

also try re-installing camera packages to see if they help:

Code:
apt-get install camera-ui camera-ui-settings-001 libqcamera1 --reinstall
Thanks. I'll do that later this evening. I'm running at default mhz and voltage now but still having the same issue. There's sometime while I'm using the store app, it closes too. Don't know why it's happening. Is it really because of overclocking that may have damage my device as what rainisto said? I hope not :'(

Its always possible to have burnt the chip...

Its always possible to have burnt the chip...
Oh, sad... I will miss my N9 if that happened. I will again need to keep money for years just to buy a new phone