Notices

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Great news that good apps are actively being developed. Patiently awaiting

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

I've downloaded metromap.pot for spanish translation, but copying it to /opt/metromap/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES doesn't have any effect.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Earth
Sorry, guys, got really busy time now, no time is available for metromap. Hope that smth will change in mid August. Keep in touch. Map downloading is on the way

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pine For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New delhi, India
The map for Delhi is not updated so please tell me how can it be updated?

nice program but needs update badly. i use nyc subway map and it only shows routes but not the trains that use them which for me wont handicap me being a new yorker and all! but to use unfamiliar subway system i dont think i can only consult this would need to be verified with more trusting info making this program not useful in that situation. The about section of the program points to a link for updated maps but it doesnt work and that site is in russian so without updated maps means major route changes by the transit system will be left out.

I would really like to see a offline program more like the hopstop.com website that can best guide you to a specific address using public transport rather than simply showing routes from one station to another on a map. To be able to display routes in a written itinerary fashion as well by map which is beautifully done here. Sounds like alot and would need to get updates periodically like evopedia but it would be a public transport user's dream! (who doesnt have internet access ofcourse)

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I'm using Metro with Garnet VM. Works very well and maps are updated, not only with the underground but also bus, tram and trains.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I'm using Metro with Garnet VM. Works very well and maps are updated, not only with the underground but also bus, tram and trains.
I'm using Metro too and I think it's better than Metromap!

just to make sure: you guys know that there's a native maemo version of metro, right?

> http://download.nanika.net/MetroMaemo.zip

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Yep, installed and working OK, though I still prefer Palm OS version.

There is also an alternative to Metromap called qMetro. It works really well.